1st smoke of 2018

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by Steven_jagger, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Steven_jagger

Steven_jagger Über Member

Feed up waiting for the better weather, so up at 6.30 got the smoker lit for a piece of pork butt and beef for a 12 hour low and slow cook. 20180331_115830.jpg

MPH, Driftwood, Nishy and 6 others like this.
  2. 2hot 2trot

2hot 2trot Forum GOD!

Now that is making my mouth water Steven.
    They say all good things come to those who wait. :okay:

Enjoy! :hungry:

3. BJS

BJS Actual Member

I bought a smoker a few years back, but I've never used it, simply because I don't now how to.
    Do you have any tips for a complete beginner?

Brian.

Nishy likes this.
  4. MPH

MPH Forum GOD!

Nom nom nom.

Literally going to light my BBQ now to cook a lamb joint on it!

Must be BEER O'CLOCK!!!!! WOOOO HOOO! :cheers:

Nishy and halvor like this.
  5. Steven_jagger

Steven_jagger Über Member

My wife got me this for my birthday and i soend a lot of time reading up on methods and rubs, got talking to a guy at a fair and got simple starter instruction which he still uses, I go with the snake method for charcoal which is a ring around the bottom and the soaked wood set ontop of it to give a slow burn with webers briquets i get 4 to 5 hours, a simple run is spg, equal measures of salt, pepper and garlic to give a good bark, I add brown sugar this as it can be a bit spicy, pork butt rub with mustard sauce then cover with your rub, rub it in, leave overnight smoke for 3 hours over wood I like cherry or apple, then continue cooking with it wrapped in tinfoil until internal temp reaches 210f then slice or pull, we always pull apart and add extra sweet baby rays bbq sauce.
    Hope this helps.

Grishnak likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice