Yukio Kamijo Handmade 3108 Barber

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Yukio Kamijo Handmade 3108 Barber, Just saw this razor sell for £1789, it was used and there were marks and signs of use on both sides of the razor, I was prepared to bid up to £300 :laugh:, but then the bidding took off, there were a few big boys stepping up and splashing the cash, the days of high-end Japanese razors selling for reasonable money is well and truly over, you can forget Iwasaki and Yukio Kamijo they are on another plane.

i-img1198x898-16593333528ndktk313210.jpg

Last edited:

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I agree with you 100% Jamie! The average man is being completely priced out of the high quality Japanese razor market. I was recently quite surprised at the prices that are being asked. I see razors that I bought for $100 US going for 4 times that!
While I love the Japanese razors, as I know you do, they are just becoming too dear...sadly..

Last edited:

Steve56

Forum GOD!
I saw that too. The Kamijo is probably not as bad as a Hitachi for $1,400 US in terms of value.

Who’s paying this much for these? This is a collector’s price, and a very high one at that.

R181

Grumpy old man
There is probably one laying in an antique store for 50 cents.....
Not out of the realm of possibilities. I once bought a Gillette bottom dial fat boy at an antique store for $15.00 CAD after a bit of a haggle. That is not likely to happen again though.

Bob