1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your best/worst wetshaving purchase of 2016

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by Darkbulb, Dec 17, 2016.

1. dowsing

dowsing Über Member

Rowlers likes this.
  2. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Well-Known Member

Been a lean year for purchases. However, the Schick G8 I picked up as my first injector was a revalation!

Boojum1 likes this.
  3. chris.hale

chris.hale Über Member

Best:

Timeless OC. I wish it had the shorter handle, but it pairs well with my Bulldog II. I've never had a bad shave with it, it just seems to agree with me.

Wolf Whiskers black wolf synthetic brush with DWW handle in shadows of stonehenge. The handle is absolutely beautiful and the black wolf knot feels closer to a badger than any synth I've tried.

Fitjar Fjellheim soap. Love the scent, love the performance, love the jar it comes in. Honestly I can say nothing bad about it, it's top stuff. This is the one I would rescue if aliens abducted the rest.

I don't really have a worst.

4. pj3r

pj3r Über Member

Best... Hmmm... definitely The General! And vintage Gibbs No15. Two suprime shavers! Still waiting for Supply SingleEdge v2. I hope it will go with this two.

Boojum1 likes this.
  5. p.b

p.b Veteran

Best - Blackland Black Bird. An outstanding DE razor that one can actually buy!

Worst - I honestly can't think of any stuff I've been disappointed with this year.

halvor and Boojum1 like this.
  6. zealshaver

zealshaver Über Member

Best: Muhle Rocca razor, Wolf Whiskers tuxedo brush
    Worst: Sweyn Forkbeard shave cream.

Batch300 and Boojum1 like this.
  7. Uncle Bertie

Uncle Bertie Veteran

I'd really appreciate some guidance on how you trim the blades for the 15?

pj3r likes this.
  8. pj3r

pj3r Über Member

I find it easiest for me to use - hole punch! Fast and easy.

Of course, you must align the blade by hand.

I hope that i help. For any other information - just ask!

9. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry Veteran

I have a new worst purchase for 2016, earlier I said it was the ToBS Pre Shave Oil, well at least the oil functions, if somewhat messily. My worst purchase by far is Geo F Trumper Almond Soap, it is completely useless as a shaving soap and it does not even have any scent to speak of.

Wayne likes this.
  10. flobberdob

flobberdob Senior Member

Best: Two shavemac's courtesy of the group buy here and in the other place. Amazing what a difference a high end brush can make to the experience.

Honourable mention: jabonman Eufros soap (tobacco) can't get enough of this stuff.

Worse: Fine Santal Absolut aftershave, big fan of the Fine range but their take on sandalwood was disappointing.

halvor, Bizzyberry and Wayne like this.
  11. Sausage

Sausage Well-Known Member

Worst: Arko soap (the smell....)

Best: Rockwell 6s

12. OJ82

OJ82 Veteran

2016 Buy:
    Best:
    Software - CRSW/B&M
    Hardware - Blackbird OC/Timeless OC .68
    Worst:
    Hardware - No complaints.
    Software - No complaints.

13. DevonStan

DevonStan Über Member

Of course :)
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mrperfumeltd/

Prompted by this I had a look. How in the world do you start to choose from the thousands of products available, or is there a hardcore of favourites? I don't mind taking a chance here and there but don't really want to chuck too much dosh down the drain.

If there's an Encre Noir look alike in there then I'll have it please.

14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Retro Razor Junkie

My best purchase of 2016, without a doubt, was a Wolf Whiskers brush with a repurposed ShaveMac D01 knot.

My worst purchase was an impulse buy of what I thought was an adjustable injector, but turned out to be a Gillette band razor. I attempted to use it once and immediately binned it.

SeanC likes this.
  15. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

I know what you mean... I simply ordered some that I knew I'd like, Acqua Di Gio, Terre de Hermes, then randomly put a load in my basket and went for it. The Tobacco Oud, Oud Wood and Tobacco Rose are superb...

DamianJ likes this.