Yaqi SE - Artist Club blade type

shaveSymptomatic

Forum GOD!
Can’t speak to the Tradere since I didn’t design it. I can tell you that I hadn’t used, seen, or held the R89 when I designed the Blackbird. In fact, I’d only shaved with the 34c when I designed the Blackbird. Took the pin locations and the overall dimensions as a starting point and made the rest up by trial and error over a dozen-ish prototypes. I was designing it to learn and not to be made so I was just winging it and not basing the design off anything other than angular Blackbird-esque lines. I wasn’t aware of the wet shaving market until the design was complete. Being a novice when I designed it is why the Blackbird’s shaving experience is so unique.

I’m not going to get into the knock-off thing here. I’ve already said plenty. But while we’re here I will say that a more affordable AC razor has been in the works for a bit. If you can’t splurge for the Vector just wait a while if you want something that won’t wind up in the garbage with a broken post.
Is the design along the lines of the asylum/enoch razors? I really hope you design an AC more efficient than the vector. I think you already have great everyday SE razors in the vector and the sabre.

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Is the design along the lines of the asylum/enoch razors? I really hope you design an AC more efficient than the vector. I think you already have great everyday SE razors in the vector and the sabre.
Noted. It depends on whether or not there will be multiple base plates. If only one plate, it won't be more aggressive than the Vector because we need to sell a bunch so hitting broad favorability is key. AC blades provide a really wide range of shaving performance. I think the Vector with a Pro Super probably covers all but the top <5% of users. And, similarly, the mildest guarded blade probably covers the vast majority of the mild fans. So you don't want to shift the aggressiveness up too much because then you shift up the how the mildest blades perform, too, and you'd have a mild blade delivering a mid-range aggressiveness shave. The game is to cover as many people as possible. If you have multiple plates you can do that pretty easily, but if we can avoid that via blade choice then we're in an even better spot. These kinds of decisions will start being made over the coming months as I start dialing in the shave.

shaveSymptomatic

Forum GOD!
Noted. It depends on whether or not there will be multiple base plates. If only one plate, it won't be more aggressive than the Vector because we need to sell a bunch so hitting broad favorability is key. AC blades provide a really wide range of shaving performance. I think the Vector with a Pro Super probably covers all but the top <5% of users. And, similarly, the mildest guarded blade probably covers the vast majority of the mild fans. So you don't want to shift the aggressiveness up too much because then you shift up the how the mildest blades perform, too, and you'd have a mild blade delivering a mid-range aggressiveness shave. The game is to cover as many people as possible. If you have multiple plates you can do that pretty easily, but if we can avoid that via blade choice then we're in an even better spot. These kinds of decisions will start being made over the coming months as I start dialing in the shave.
I'm probably that top 5%. The vector is OK for me with a pro super, but just barely so (I can get a BBS but the shave lasts shorter than with other razors). An even more efficient additional option would be much better for people like me. I'll be patient and wait for further announcements from you.
Thanks Shane!