Yaqi QC & Customer Service (Discussion)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1881

I would like to put here your experience with Grace Chen and Yaqi.

I know the quality control was a problem for many gentlemen here, and some times the brushes came with bigger glue bumps making them unusable.

Personally, I have 6 brushes:

5 synthetics:
Tuxedo 24mm Aqua
Tuxedo 24mm Sagrada Familia
Timberwolf 26mm
Tuxedo Monster Barberpole 30mm
Boss 24mm

1 Moka 2Band Badger.

I also have some razors:

Black Matte Scalloped
DOC Chrome
Slant in Black handle
Another chrome handle that I use with Maggards Slant head.

The brushes were all flawless with medium to low glue bump, the most difficult to splay is the Sagrada but it is a short loft anyway. The others are literally the perfect brushes. No problems with the handles, no wrong fitting knots.. None of them lost hairs more than normal, the 2Band was losing some in the first lathers, but then stopped once forever.

If I remember correctly I had one of the synthetics with bigger glue bump, I sent some photos to Grace, the next day another brush was sent to me, no questions asked.

The razors are all flawless too. Heavy built, I don't know why I bought them so cheap, probably because they came directly from Yaqi Factory. They are worth much more. All shave excellent without problems in blade alignments, finish, paint, etc.

I'm waiting also for 2 more heads, the Knight Helmet in matte chrome and the Katana SE in gunmetal.

These two were returned for some reason and the parcel wouldn't delivering. I contacted Grace and the next day she sent another parcel without hesitation. For me that is professionalism.

I will continue to support Yaqi, don't forget nobody is perfect and even the more expensive brushes have sometimes poor quality control.

The most important thing for me is that they always reply my messages and try to help, by replacing anything that is not right for me.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Yes, their after sale services seems good.
I contacted them yesterday with details of my recent order and they said they would send replacements.
I've bought a number of brushes from them (I think 9) and until my most recent order there was only the one with a very high glue bump and they sent a replacement. For my most recent order I think it was bad luck to get 2 brushes both with very high glue bumps, but they said they would replace them. 3/4 Tuxedos I've received have been poor, no problems with the knots with any of the others though.
I own 4 of their razor heads which are all well made, no blemishes.
I'd buy from them again but maybe not a brush with a Tuxedo knot!

owlman

Forum GOD!
I own nine Yaqi brushes, and only had a problem with one of them three years ago, a boar brush. It shed a lot (I stopped counting at 100 bristles). Sent them a photo with description, and the reply was an apology and the offer to send me any brush of my choosing as a replacement.

Compare that to Oumo, where I had a problem with the color of a handle not matching the quality shown in the shop pictures, and their reply was the suggestion that I should buy a brush with a white handle next time.

Dr Watson

James
Purchased from 4 times, one of those was a Moka synth with very large glue bump. I complained and received no reply so opened an Aliexpress dispute, they replied instantly offering a refund or replacement and asked me not to open one again if possible as it "makes big problems for them" - Not the greatest service but acceptable considering the low prices. I've received infinitely worse customer service from French and German brush manufacturers whose products cost 10x that of Yaqi and when confronted with a problem basically tell you to Foxtrot Oscar.

J-B-M

Forum GOD!
I mentioned my wonky Sagrasada in the November acquisition thread and Randy suggested asking for a replacement. I am not too bothered since that one is destined for my travel bag anyway (the place where natural hair brushes go to die) but based on the feedback here it's clear they stand by their customers and put things right when necessary. I should point out that I also have a Timberwolf as part of the same order and that thing is flawless - if it shaves as good as it looks I will be more than happy with my Yaqi experience, especially given their prices.

D

Deleted member 1881

Yes, their after sale services seems good.
I contacted them yesterday with details of my recent order and they said they would send replacements.
I've bought a number of brushes from them (I think 9) and until my most recent order there was only the one with a very high glue bump and they sent a replacement. For my most recent order I think it was bad luck to get 2 brushes both with very high glue bumps, but they said they would replace them. 3/4 Tuxedos I've received have been poor, no problems with the knots with any of the others though.
I own 4 of their razor heads which are all well made, no blemishes.
I'd buy from them again but maybe not a brush with a Tuxedo knot!
Weird, all my tuxedos are wonderful.

D

Deleted member 1881

I mentioned my wonky Sagrasada in the November acquisition thread and Randy suggested asking for a replacement. I am not too bothered since that one is destined for my travel bag anyway (the place where natural hair brushes go to die) but based on the feedback here it's clear they stand by their customers and put things right when necessary. I should point out that I also have a Timberwolf as part of the same order and that thing is flawless - if it shaves as good as it looks I will be more than happy with my Yaqi experience, especially given their prices.
The 26mm Timberwolf for me probably is the best brush from Yaqi. Opens easily, sucks up soap in no time, easy splay, very greedy knot, if you overload, it can drag half the soap in the knot.

For me, it is better than the Tuxedo. More luxurious.

D

Deleted member 1881

Purchased from 4 times, one of those was a Moka synth with very large glue bump. I complained and received no reply so opened an Aliexpress dispute, they replied instantly offering a refund or replacement and asked me not to open one again if possible as it "makes big problems for them" - Not the greatest service but acceptable considering the low prices. I've received infinitely worse customer service from French and German brush manufacturers whose products cost 10x that of Yaqi and when confronted with a problem basically tell you to Foxtrot Oscar.
It is easy to contact them via the chat, in the order you have placed.

They answer every time. At least that happened to me. Indeed, they don't want the dispute.

Some put 1 star because their parcel arrived after 2 months, but Yaqi had sent it within 1 day after the order. Why is this Yaqi's fault?

The more expensive is something, the less they care about their customers for some reason.

Years ago, we went with my father for a car service to the Mercedes Benz official store.

None of them explained to us what they did to the car, just asked for the money and send us home.

On the other hand, the place I go my Skoda, it is totally different. There is a great guy, who helps a lot, explains every part he changes in the car and the prices of course are much better. He seems that he needs the customers and tries to keep them satisfied.

Mercedes does not seem to care much.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Weird, all my tuxedos are wonderful.
I hope the replacements they send will be up to scratch, they will both be gifted on. The one good Tuxedo I have though (the seldom seen Fan Tuxedo) has the lowest glue bump of a few mm's, with a 28mm wide knot, it's HUGE, but it's easily the most efficient synth I own.
The original 24mm Plissoft, my first Yaqi is the one I still seem to use the most though.

The 26mm Timberwolf for me probably is the best brush from Yaqi. Opens easily, sucks up soap in no time, easy splay, very greedy knot, if you overload, it can drag half the soap in the knot.

For me, it is better than the Tuxedo. More luxurious.
I bought a 24mm Timberwolf, but gave it to my cousin.

D

Deleted member 1881

I hope the replacements they send will be up to scratch, they will both be gifted on. The one good Tuxedo I have though (the seldom seen Fan Tuxedo) has the lowest glue bump of a few mm's, with a 28mm wide knot, it's HUGE, but it's easily the most efficient synth I own.
The original 24mm Plissoft, my first Yaqi is the one I still seem to use the most though.

I bought a 24mm Timberwolf, but gave it to my cousin.
Great gift if I was your cousin!! Make it 26mm and we are done!

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I’ve got to be honest, based on what I’ve seen I’d rather spend a little bit more and get a nice synthetic from APShaveCo than risk Yaqi just to save money.

D

Deleted member 1881

I’ve got to be honest, based on what I’ve seen I’d rather spend a little bit more and get a nice synthetic from APShaveCo than risk Yaqi just to save money.
.. who brings knots from China as well...

OK, maybe because he is a one-man business has the best QC because everything pass from his hands, and his prices are also very good. The only problem is the shipping.

But I didn't find any difference between a Tuxedo knot from Yaqi and the same knot from APshave. Backbone was equal.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
.. who brings knots from China as well...

OK, maybe because he is a one-man business has the best QC because everything pass from his hands, and his prices are also very good. The only problem is the shipping.

But I didn't find any difference between a Tuxedo knot from Yaqi and the same knot from APshave. Backbone was equal.
I think that’s the difference though, it’s the QC. He’s checking the knots better than Yaqi, which is basically a factory.