Wondering about the colour of lather?

Gordy

Legendary Member
Yes it was made with this scent.
I just put it to Fox and his reply was; Yeeeeeeeees! So it looks like we will be making a yellow soap! What am I getting myself into? :)
Looking forward to that!

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
One of my formulas has a Yellow French clay in it, this creates a yellow lather. Very odd to see and use, I didn't release this soap as it looks a bit strange. :)
Hmmmm maybe active charcoal and black clay hmmmmm

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Meißner Tremonia soaps, more so their pastes, have colour as they almost all contain coloured clay.

Ben Hunt

Forum GOD!
Cheers saved me a purchase, Kewra water is what reminds me of this and I am not a fan of it as a scent to wear or use. But I do like mitha paan!
I think it's the elaichi + sweet spices which evokes this for me. But it's a strong association in any case.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
From comments and research I strongly thinking unless the ingredients of the soap contain a compound or chemical that reacts with air lather will always be lighter if not total white compared to the soap. Or if you add a secondary additive to your lather to give a colour such as turmeric. As for the oxygen reaction compound soaps not sure if there are any other than Barrister and Mann's Lavanille. For most of this if not all really, it's estertics. I know @Fox gave some insight, would be interesting if any of our other artisans had any I thoights. @soapalchemist and @phoenixandbeau have either of you lovely people seen soaps that give vibrant or highly coloured non white lather? Thanks in advance