1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which deodorant stick?

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by halvor, Sep 21, 2016.

1. halvor

halvor Royal Member

I have been using designer brand deos ever since puberty, starting with Boss Black I believe, having moved through most Boss and Calvin Klein variants since, with the occasional Bulgari, Davidoff, Miyake, Armani, RL/Polo and more. (Yes, definitely an aquatic period in there, but that's about the only 'trend' I can detect, scent wise.)

Having cycled through a few lower cost, less parabens, alcohol and aluminum versions, now, I cannot seem to find any that really are effective. A couple of those I have tried have seemed to INCREASE perspiration, in fact. Believe that was the deo cream from Kiehl's. MenScience Advanced Deodorant worked quite well for a while then seemed to wane in effect. I stay away from the white ones due to the discolouration most of these cause on tops. It also seems to me that the ones with alcohol in fact are more effective?

Suggestions, gentlemen? Ideally obtainable outside of the UK but there's always that interweb. And it needs to be stick, mind you, not roll-on.

A decent one I tried a while back was DR Harris Windsor, come to think of it.

2. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

Mitchums.

Redd likes this.
  3. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of. That said I always use Sanex rollers, but if they do a stick too, I'd try them.

4. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

5. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

I really enjoyed TOBS sandalwood sticks, from a group buy a couple of years back. Though did not stop the sweat on the hottest of days. I don't usually care for 48+ plus anti perspirants but as you know from the scent of the day thread, L'Oréal's versions are nice. Haven't tried their sticks.

6. N_Architect

N_Architect Veteran

The Origins is a nice and 'safe' one. Scentless and skin-friendly, does a fairly good job.

Godfather likes this.
  7. chris.hale

chris.hale Über Member

Do you want deodorant or anti-perspirant? If the former I'm a big fan of the alum stick.

ManicDee and lloydrm like this.
  8. Godfather

Godfather Veteran

I use my wifes Sure Black/white which is effective (most of the day) and no colouring on shirts..

9. flashashton27 likes this.
  10. halvor

halvor Royal Member

This quote from said site explains my experience with a few other 'natural' deos:

Beyond that, I have a few to look into now. Thanks, all!

Batch300 and Nishy like this.
  11. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

I can't use any 'antiperspirant' or anything with aluminum since I get a wicked pit-rash.
    My current fav deodorant is...Tabac.

Gordy likes this.
  12. jb7

jb7 Bloke

Tabac stick is nice - scent wise I find it slightly sweeter and lighter than the a/s splash.

13. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Well-Known Member

I've found the Body Shop Macca root deoderant very effective.

14. ben139

ben139 Active Member

15. Sid James

Sid James Veteran

I have 2 sticks at the moment and find both great. Aqua di Parma Colonia Intensa and Penhaligons Sartorial.