Which deodorant stick?

halvor

a most elusive fish
I have been using designer brand deos ever since puberty, starting with Boss Black I believe, having moved through most Boss and Calvin Klein variants since, with the occasional Bulgari, Davidoff, Miyake, Armani, RL/Polo and more. (Yes, definitely an aquatic period in there, but that's about the only 'trend' I can detect, scent wise.)

Having cycled through a few lower cost, less parabens, alcohol and aluminum versions, now, I cannot seem to find any that really are effective. A couple of those I have tried have seemed to INCREASE perspiration, in fact. Believe that was the deo cream from Kiehl's. MenScience Advanced Deodorant worked quite well for a while then seemed to wane in effect. I stay away from the white ones due to the discolouration most of these cause on tops. It also seems to me that the ones with alcohol in fact are more effective?

Suggestions, gentlemen? Ideally obtainable outside of the UK but there's always that interweb. And it needs to be stick, mind you, not roll-on.

A decent one I tried a while back was DR Harris Windsor, come to think of it.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I really enjoyed TOBS sandalwood sticks, from a group buy a couple of years back. Though did not stop the sweat on the hottest of days. I don't usually care for 48+ plus anti perspirants but as you know from the scent of the day thread, L'Oréal's versions are nice. Haven't tried their sticks.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Malin & Goetz. Good for sensitive skin, etc (also have several nice body washes)
http://www.malinandgoetz.com/body/eucalyptus-deodorant
This quote from said site explains my experience with a few other 'natural' deos:

If transitioning from a pore-clogging anti-perspirant, please allow two weeks as your body adjusts. When pores are “unclogged”, your system may overcompensate, producing more water as the “flood gates” open. Your body will soon reach a natural equilibrium...
Beyond that, I have a few to look into now. Thanks, all!

jb7

Bloke
Tabac stick is nice - scent wise I find it slightly sweeter and lighter than the a/s splash.