What's Your Pre-shave Prep?

Futurerabbit1

Forum GOD!
Bath ?! Strange i know but I shave whilst in the bath with really hot water .. I literally do this everytime I shave and I also use bloom water.

Always get a good shave from this routine [emoji5].

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Gordy

Legendary Member
For those who've never tried it, I really recommend Wickham's 1912 glycerine pre-shave soap. It does a fantastic job at cleaning and preparing without stripping you of vital nutrients. It really sets your stubble up for the shave too. My wife has been using Darron's face soap as well for over a year and she said she'd really dread not having it now. It's really made a huge difference to her skin. You should at least try it to see for yourself.

Dule083

Forum GOD!
Few times I was doing prep that maybe sound silly. But I'd filled the container with hot water, lean on him as when you inhale, cover my head with a towel and keep like that for few minuts then preshave cream and leather. Wauuuu bruthal.

standard:
- Shower
- leather
- hot towell
-lether and gooooo

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Few times I was doing prep that maybe sound silly. But I'd filled the container with hot water, lean on him as when you inhale, cover my head with a towel and keep like that for few minuts then preshave cream and leather. Wauuuu bruthal.

standard:
- Shower
- leather
- hot towell
-lether and gooooo
Face steam as a pre shave i've done that before and it really is good to soften whiskers

efsk

Forum GOD!
I take a hot shower. Not as a preshave, but I just shave after showering, and I like my showers hot. For some razors, this is not the right way to do it: after a hot shower the skin is more vulnerable.

stuartganis74

Forum GOD!
Soak my brush, pick a razor and soap stare at that good-looking guy in the mirror.
Wet my face with cold water lather up and shave. Clean up the sink take one more look at that good looking guy in the mirror. That's it 7 days a week.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Conservator

Forum GOD!
Recently, I had a conversation with an individual who had a pre-shave routine I have not encountered. This individual likes to do uberlather: soap + cream + liquid glycerin. He mixes the lather in a bowl and then puts it on his face and neck: everywhere he does not have hair. He uses a brush to apply the lather and then massages the lather onto his face and neck. After a minute he rinses his face with cool water and applies lather to shave. He claims the process leaves his skin feeling soft and refreshed.

D

Deleted member 1881

When I'm using the beast like today, I must always wash my face with a glycerine soap like Ach Brito Glyce and rub it really good into the beard. Then rinse it.

If I don't do this, the king of beasts, bites me in every move I make. Unbelievable.

D

Deleted member 1881

For those who've never tried it, I really recommend Wickham's 1912 glycerine pre-shave soap. It does a fantastic job at cleaning and preparing without stripping you of vital nutrients. It really sets your stubble up for the shave too. My wife has been using Darron's face soap as well for over a year and she said she'd really dread not having it now. It's really made a huge difference to her skin. You should at least try it to see for yourself.
Hello, after reading your post I was thinking.. Could this glycerine soap be used as a daily face wash, and how long does it last,because it is quite small.. 45gr..Thanks.

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
If I shave after a shower there's no prep. Wet face, lather, and go. If I shave at night without a shower I'll usually wash my face with Noxzema cleansing cream, then lather & shave. Particularly in the warm weather. My face is pretty grimy by late in the evening.

D

Deleted member 476

Just warm H2O usually. If face is dirty, I reach for Jack Black Daily Facial Cleanser.

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Cold water*, always - splashed on liberally until decently wetted. Face lather, away to go.

*The colder the better. The recent spate of chilly weather has brought me the best possible temperatures for shaving. Oh yes.