1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your fav.

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by Mr Bigmem, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

So in the last 3 months i've tried countless creams in search of the perfect shave scent and post feel. Now each one of those category's has had a sub section for me such as lather density and slickness under shave and for scent its strength pre, mid and post shave. And finally skin feel, if oily or dry and if it gives you that extra bbs while moisturising. So I've recently taken to frankensteining my creams with soap and i've now found one combo I keep coming back to a mega super uber lather combo as I call it m'sul for short. So we all know of super or uber lathers using a soap and a cream in combo to compliment each others properties. But my creation takes up a notch. My m'sul is whipped ur super with 1 part SANDALWOOD & VANILLA by Streatfields and 1 part my all time fav Peacful Patchouli by Kiss my Face. So I know it seems overkill but man am I getting a mega tons of lather so slick its to be believed and what a overall shave, scent and everything. I know it wont be everyones cup of tea. But for me its pillowy siky smooth shave from heaven lol.

Anyone else experimented with two creams or any other addition to your cream to bump things up?

PLANofMAN and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Redd

Redd A Right Member

The only combo I've ever used has been Palmolive stick & cream together. Worked very well and total outlay was all of £1.80 or so.

Dipesh, PLANofMAN, Dr Watson and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Not tried the shave stick hmmmm i've got some of the cream now I gotta get the stick and give it a whirl

4. Gordy

Gordy Veteran

Arko soap and cream were very good. Funny how times change though, I used to experiment with super and uberlather.......but now I just use better soaps and creams!

fly3k and Mr Bigmem like this.
  5. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

I do as well but like to almost create what I want from scents and qualities from the individual products. Now don't get me wrong most times it don't work like that a all due to how the chemicals react. But its all about the experiment and finding that 2 that click

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. Gordy

Gordy Veteran

I didn't say I didn't experiment with essential oils though. Can be a great way to play about with scents, to give you an idea of what you may like or not.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. Acer89

Acer89 James

Castle Forbes Lavender for me.
    I'm no chemist and have no idea why so many soaps and creams irritate my face and leave it feeling stripped and tight. The exception being Castle Forbes Lavender. It aint cheap but packed full of high end ingredients and only a pea size is required so it doesn't work out too expensive. Great lather and the lavender scent is fresh and natural and soothes rather than some creams packed full of fragrance to the point where they actually cause irritation

I buy shaving cream for performance not for the fragrance. If I need that I'll buy a bottle of EDT
    Still open minded to try others but for someone with highly sensitive skin this can be an expensive exercise and Castle Forbes has never let me down.
    P1160353(2).jpg

PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. Gordy

Gordy Veteran

Totally agree @Acer89 an amazing product. Actually smells exactly like Lavender

Mr Bigmem and Acer89 like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Retro Razor Junkie

One of the best combos I've found is Mitchell's wool fat and Kiss my Face Unscented shave cream. The light scent of MWF cuts through the unscented shave cream effortlessly, and the resulting lather is slicker and more cushioning than either one on their own, which is saying something, as both excel in those areas already.

That's my combo of choice for SE and straight razor shaves, or on the rare occasions when I add too much water to MWF and can't be bothered to hit the cake for another couple of minutes. Kiss my Face can handle an amazing amount of water and still form a functional lather. It's an amazing and underrated product.

Fox, Lord Fatboy and Mr Bigmem like this.
  10. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Keep meaning to try mwf whats the scent like?

11. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Not tried any of the castle forbes ranges. Ok another to add to my to try list. My skin is sensitive as well thats why I end up hunting and experimenting.

Acer89 likes this.
  12. Gordy

Gordy Veteran

Everyone should try CF, certainly up there with Xpec in performance. Way about many in scent though, it is phenomenal.

Acer89 likes this.
  13. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

Damn ok got my intrest on this lol just gona see what scents they do. Which have you tired?

Acer89 likes this.
  14. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

Favourite cream? I'd say TOBS Sandalwood. A wonderful scent and good performance for the money.

15. Gordy

Gordy Veteran

Just the lavender but that's the one most recommended. You won't regret it, unless you hate lavender that is.