What's the most shaves you have got out of a blade?

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member

matteob

Crikey are Astras that durable? I have not got many of them at the moment but I am thinking they are as good as the Polsilvers (almost) and cheaper too

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Crikey are Astras that durable? I have not got many of them at the moment but I am thinking they are as good as the Polsilvers (almost) and cheaper too
For me, but only the Platinums. Granted, the Stainless are still good, I can get up to 10x 3 pass shaves from one.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I find Polsilver ladies to be sharper. I realised this in my PILS razor, being mid aggressive. I find Polsilvers being sharper and almost as comfortable as the Astra, excellent in aggressive razors like the Timeless OC 0.95 and the Wolfman OC 0.74. Sharks are pretty good too for sharpness and comfort.

Redd

A Right Member
Pretty much stick to a 5 shave regime - prolonging a stash is not my raison d'etre.

I did happily push a Gillette Platinum to 10 shaves to consider their price to shave ratio. I do like them, but have yet to pull the trigger - need a bigger dent first,:meh:

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
I'm using a vintage Wilkinson Sword blade now I started on 5th Jan, it's given at least 18 smooth 3.5 pass shaves and is still going strong.

EDIT: I was pretty ill a few days ago, so shave 16 on Saturday was dealing with 3 days growth. No problem, and shaves 17 and 18 were just as good. I've got about 130 of these blades, I might not need to buy any more for a very long time :cool:

Last edited:

Nestor

Five and out for me. Some blades feel as if they have a few more shaves in them, but blades are cheap and bad shaves aren't. I have no interest in pushing a blade to its absolute limit, let alone beyond it.