What's the dinner tonight?

R181

Grumpy old man
Just got the Rouladen made and it is now bubbling gently away on the stove top. Will add the potatoes later to cook and also make gravy. The boss will do up some sweet and sour red cabbage to go with it. Always enjoyed it when my Mom made it when she was alive and it brings back good memories. I doubt I will get a photo of it all plated up and ready to eat. That being the case here is a link for those who are wondering what the hell Rouladen is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouladen

Bob

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Tonight we had penne pasta with a creamy tomato sauce, using the dishes, plates, glasses, and tablecloth that my wife found today at a local thrift store. She finds some great deals and has a lot of fun doing it.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I've been there a few days after the opening, restaurants and dishes looked good, but the place was way too noisy and busy for me. Therefore, I went to the ground floor restaurant instead, which was quite good.
How was the restaurant @Cristobal ? Heard the menu is quite extensive.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
How was the restaurant @Cristobal ? Heard the menu is quite extensive.
Yes indeed. The ground floor restaurant is classier than the hall upstairs (the sort of place you would rent for a special event such as wedding or birthday party), it might be pricier too. Overall food there is very good.

I was there with people visiting from France and who only ordered dishes made with some kind of Asian/Chinese vegetables that are very expensive in Chinese restaurants in France (or continental Europe), but oddly, quite affordable here in Britain.

Some good Chinese restaurants are the ones adjacent to Wing Yip Chinese supermarkets (I know the ones in Croydon and in Cricklewood); although they are not located in very glamorous areas, such as commercial zones, those venues are pretty good places to eat in or buy food to take away.

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yes indeed. The ground floor restaurant is classier than the hall upstairs (the sort of place you would rent for a special event such as wedding or birthday party), it might be pricier too. Overall food there is very good.

I was there with people visiting from France and who only ordered dishes made with some kind of Asian/Chinese vegetables that are very expensive in Chinese restaurants in France (or continental Europe), but oddly, quite affordable here in Britain.

Some good Chinese restaurants are the ones adjacent to Wing Yip Chinese supermarkets (I know the ones in Croydon and in Cricklewood); although they are not located in very glamorous areas, such as commercial zones, those venues are pretty good place to eat in or buy food to take away.
Thanks yes had food at Wing Yip as well as buying from their supermarket. I've been upstairs to bang bang several times now. I have enjoyed Four Seasons roast belly pork the most so far. Dim sum from Royal China stall is also very good. Their fish wonton dish is lovely.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Tonight I made a lasagne, accompanied with a side salad and a little garlic bread. Washed down with a glass of Mikkeller No Cow On The Ice - delicious!

R181

Grumpy old man
Just getting ready to dive into a bone in ham, pine apple rings, scalloped potatoes, green beans and some Keens mustard to add some snap to it.

Bob

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
My wife and I are soon headed out for the local Indian lunch buffet, where the exotic spices of the east meet that good old American all-you-can-eat attitude.