What Shower Gel Do You Use / Recommend?

Acer89

James
For me a good organic soap from Holland and Barrett. I buy whatever is on offer.
I'm not keen on shower gels because they often contain high levels of sodium laureth sulfate (SLS)
SLS is a man made mass produced cheap detergent, surfactant and degreaser . It's commonly used to degrease car engines.... Yikes!

Gordy

Legendary Member
For me a good organic soap from Holland and Barrett. I buy whatever is on offer.
I'm not keen on shower gels because they often contain high levels of sodium laureth sulfate (SLS)
SLS is a man made mass produced cheap detergent, surfactant and degreaser . It's commonly used to degrease car engines.... Yikes!
I'm actually surprised more of us haven't switched over. We all did in my house three years ago and the difference was staggering. I've convinced many others to go the same way and they all are much happier with the results.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Original Source Tea Tree is too aggressive for me. You might as well wash your balls in Swarfega.
I prefer the Lime OS & Korres Bergamot Pear for yer face. It's bleedin' expensive - a tenner - but it smells amazing, has no bad stuff, and goes a looong way. I've had mine for 8 months and I've not even made a dent in it). I still think Imperial Leather - my daily driver - is hard to beat.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I use a 200g Space Nk soap I got in some dodgy deal over at TSR - a load of factory seconds. It's soap bar - the missus uses Original Source every flavour beans.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Original Source Tea Tree is too aggressive for me. You might as well wash your balls in Swarfega.
I prefer the Lime OS & Korres Bergamot Pear for yer face. It's bleedin' expensive - a tenner - but it smells amazing, has no bad stuff, and goes a looong way. I've had mine for 8 months and I've not even made a dent in it). I still think Imperial Leather - my daily driver - is hard to beat.
On the strength of this, I shall be purchasing some Swarfega this weekend. The smell holds many happy memories....spherical objects will not be involved!

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
On the strength of this, I shall be purchasing some Swarfega this weekend. The smell holds many happy memories....spherical objects will not be involved!
If you bought some Swarfega just for the smell, you'd be my new hero ! (I'm workin' on Barbacide & Brut infused shave talc)

Scuba Steve

Forum GOD!
OS tee tree and mint is one of those shower gels that is a bit of an acquired taste. I have used it for quite some time and you do get accustomed to the 'tingle'.
A friend of mine asked to use some once after a pool scuba diving training session. He squirted a right dollop into his hand a proceeded to wash his todger with it. Must be one of the funniest things I ever saw, certainly brought tears to his eyes.
Apparently his wife appreciated it more than he did!!! she obviously hadn't had a polo flavoured twiglet for a long time.

:giggle::giggle:

Reactions: jb7

Dr Watson

James
Not a fan of shower gels myself, can't beat a good bar of Wright's coal tar soap. Its not quite as good as it once was thanks to E.U regulations forbidding non prescription items to contain coal tar, IIRC they replaced it with tea tree oil but its still smells the same.

Acer89

James
Not a fan of shower gels myself, can't beat a good bar of Wright's coal tar soap. Its not quite as good as it once was thanks to E.U regulations forbidding non prescription items to contain coal tar, IIRC they replaced it with tea tree oil but its still smells the same.
Oh.. I remember the original... We used to bath with it when we were kids. Lovely smell but very much an acquired taste. We used Wrights and Lifebouy... who can remember that?

Last edited:

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
I've reserved some for collection on the way home along with some bits to make a razor/brush stand :)
Nice. I'm still working on the Tilt
I wondered about that - it smells the same, but the smell lingers in a different way IMO. The fiance makes me keep it in a jar or zip-lock bag (which keeps it fresh, so i don't mind.)