1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Shower Gel Do You Use / Recommend?

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by Nico1970, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Nico1970

Nico1970 Veteran Staff Member

I generally use Lynx Cool Metal. I wouldn't say it has much of a cooling effect but its grey metallic gloop does, well, look kinda cool.

What do you gents use and, more especially given this hot weather, recommend?

2. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

Anything by Original Source and if you want a menthol kick, then try the tea tree and mint one. I thought I was going to lose my gonads!

flobberdob and twhite like this.
  3. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

A good soap with no SLS.

Acer89 likes this.
  4. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

I'm still using up what I got for xmas! Currently a bottle of lynx!
    Last used was a body bar from NuSkin - utter garbage - lasted about 6 showers before it was a soggy mess...

5. jb7

jb7 Bloke

Badedas is great. Really nice scent.

Dove do a nice one in the grey and blue bottle too, clean linen kinda scent.

Little Goat Soap Company bar soap when the skin gets dry and/or irritable.

6. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

I love me some Original Source minty shower gel. Separates the men from the boys :D

That or Nivea Sport.

Rowlers, Dipesh and wazza like this.
  7. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

Certainly does, I first used it after a 30 mile cycle commute to work. The temperature differance was not ideal.

8. Nick_S

Maybe I am a little sadistic, the cold is wonderful :D

wazza likes this.
  9. Dipesh

Dipesh Veteran Staff Member

At the moment I'm using a pens EF soap. It's lovely

10. Dipesh

Dipesh Veteran Staff Member

So true. The tingly feeling is strange

Nick_S likes this.
  11. Nick_S

Definitely the first time, there is an element of "what on earth is going on here?", then you learn to either love or hate it. It's very Marmite in that respect. Perhaps this is how Scotsmen feel in the depths of winter :D

wazza and Dipesh like this.
  12. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Über Member

Haven't used a gel in years. For me it's good old soap, sometimes a cheap one or a Valobra. There are some nice Portugese ones too.

13. halvor

halvor Royal Member

I'm working my way through an Yves Rocher Cuir Vetiver shower gel which I got bundled with the EdT. I have yet to wash with anything that really lingers so it's a matter of enjoying the shower and in general I'd say anything goes. On the other hand, why am I then, when it comes to shaving soap, obsessed with fragrance?

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

+1

15. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Usually I use Sanex, but I also have about 8 x 100ml tubes of Tabac left, so I alternate. When I am home at weekends I have a pile of L'Occitane, Molton Brown & Elemis (accumulated Xmas & birthday presents that are going to take bloody years for me to get through).