1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your current 3 favourite shavers (cartridge)?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Safety Razors (CR)' started by Nico1970, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

My favourite is Guillette Sensor 3. Also I like Guillette Contour and Guillette Sensor Excel

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Lucido likes this.
  2. AlexNoodles

AlexNoodles Veteran

In no particular order:

Guard
    Mach3
    Proglide

Burgundy likes this.
  3. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Senior Member

Gillette Mach3
    Gillette Sensor
    I don't have a third.

Lucido likes this.
  4. 1. Feather MR3 Neo
    2. Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Imitation Ebony Mach 3
    3. I am not Darkbulb

Neither used in 2016 yet. I might use the Feather again shortly. My current Mach 3 blades are some Amazon poor excuse for Chinese counterfeit blades. Guessing the box was dropped off a forklift several times and fair number of non-english characters on the packaging. Nice handle and big improvement over the factory handle.

5. Belfont

Belfont Veteran

After trying some DE, without much success, I took back my catridges razors
    Those I prefer:
    Gillette Mach 3 Turbo (much better than Mach 3, in my opinion)
    Wilkinson xtrem3
    Gillette Sensor 3 blades (the 2 blades is also good)
    I tried the 4 and 5 blades, I did not like the feeling on the skin, although the shave is good

Lucido and Rufusdog like this.
  6. Str8_Shaver

Str8_Shaver Legendary Member

Gillette Sensor...

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes.

Buy a Gillette G2 or Contour handle for travel. Decent razors, allowed in your hand baggage, and you can find cartridges everywhere.

Besides, especially the G2 is a very usable razor.

bandito likes this.
  8. bandito

bandito Addict

1. Gillette Mach 3
    I only took hand luggage to Lanzarote so I took an EJ Ivory handle Mach 3. It's a lovely handle and the shave quality was excellent - easily on a par (if not better!) with my DE results, however for me the shave experience wasn't as enjoyable.

Lucido likes this.
  9. GoHabs

GoHabs Active Member

I used a Mach 3 for many, many years before switching to DE shaving a year ago. I recently began shaving my head and have returned to my # 1 cart razor (for head shaving only).
    P.S. New member here.

bandito likes this.
  10. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Guru

In no particular order,

Gilette sensor 2 blade and not the excel.
    Gilette proglide
    Dorco 4 & 6

I shaved with carts for years with constant errors and bad shaves. I then learnt to shave with a DE's and SE's. Also the proper prep. And now I love carts as much as my DE's and SE's. Lets be honest a good cart can work wonders if you learn how to shave with it. YMMV but take for example if you don't learn the proper technique how to shave with any razor and press to hard and just go haphazard you really are going to regret it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Lucido and Rufusdog like this.
  11. I haven't used that many cartridge razors to be honest but the Gillette Sensor was easily number 1 for me.

That's the only one I can remember..thinking was decent..and as good as my DE shaves.
    The WS/Schick Xtreme 3 sensitive comes second as that's the most recent one I used and whipped it round my face and barnet with tidy results. I looked like a cross between a balloon and a football hooligan which was what I was going for.
    I found mach 3 to be rubbish..and bic disposable as well.

So 1. Gillette Sensor
    2. WS/ Schick Xtreme 3
    3. Dunno guvnor.

12. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

I seem to recall the original Sensor was a good shave ... before the gloop strips came in. More than two blades really did not suit me.

I like the Gillette Guard ... I really like the Gillette Guard.
    I also like the classic Gillette Tech II and have a lovely head on a '50s bakelite handle. It's put together, but it feels really nice.
    I'd put the Gillette Sensor in for third, I think. Wilko Bonded, perhaps?

13. MrK1

MrK1 Veteran

Imagine if there was a really nice metal handle that you could use with different carts....

Wouldn't that be amazing???

14. Chili

Chili Member

1. Trac 2
    2. Sensor
    3. Fusion proglide with the ball

15. captain_hx

captain_hx Veteran

Used to shave with Gillette Sensor Excel for many years and I was very happy with the performance. I upgraded to Mach3 but didn't like it. Haven't touched a cart for two years now.