What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Very nice, the bands look to be fairly accurately sized too, something which certain high end brush makers struggle to get right!!
I've got a 1977 Jubilee Queen Elizabeth II Crown, (it was a present for my birth), that I was wanting set into my Tortoiseshell Chubby, but my dad reckons the coin is too big...
Rather than try and set the coin, have you considered using it as the base? I'm thinking you could epoxy it to a piece of wood or acrylic and use it as the starting point. It would obviously need to be centred exactly as the whole piece would need to beheld in a chuck at the knot end initially and then turned round to create the knot hole.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Rather than try and set the coin, have you considered using it as the base? I'm thinking you could epoxy it to a piece of wood or acrylic and use it as the starting point. It would obviously need to be centred exactly as the whole piece would need to beheld in a chuck at the knot end initially and then turned round to create the knot hole.
I'll have to have a look, I really can't recall how big the crown is, but great idea!

Joseph Allen (Sheffield), yes its rough, but I've been sent this by a very kind chap. It's a project for me to see what I can do with sanding & polishing. I'll then send it back to him & he'll restore the edge, hone it & put scales on it & send it back.

This'll be good for me to mess with & will help with my ongoing recovery with anxiety and depression. Time consuming projects like this are great at the minute. Hope I don't rub away the etching.

IMG_4570.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.