*WARNING - Artesania Romera PSA - WARNING*

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Count ourselves lucky we didn't have the first generation of BMW with runflats , they were so bad they changed the suspension to accommodate the rough ride. They are a bit more pricey as well but although I never had the pleasure of putting them to the test they are quite impressive in testing.
I replaced the run-flats on my Z4 with Conti. Ultra High Performance radials and carry a can of sealant and an electric pump in the car in case I have a flat. I much prefer how my Z4 handles and rides without the run-flats. When we were looking for a new SUV for my wife we opted for an Audi Q5 over the BMW X3 because BMW will not replace the run-flats with regular radials.

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
I replaced the run-flats on my Z4 with Conti. Ultra High Performance radials and carry a can of sealant and an electric pump in the car in case I have a flat. I much prefer how my Z4 handles and rides without the run-flats. When we were looking for a new SUV for my wife we opted for an Audi Q5 over the BMW X3 because BMW will not replace the run-flats with regular radials.
I can only imagine how rough the ride would be on a Z4 so close to the ground.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Basically I always opt for run flats but without sports suspension. This allows for a much smoother ride. In fact even with the convertible the added weight of the roof still doesn't make the ride uncomfortable. If you get the 5 series with the above combination, due to the large wheel base the ride is superb.

Oh and I would never get my car serviced at BMW again.

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
Too right. As soon as the warranty was up on my Z4 I stopped having it serviced at BMW. On the other hand, I still take my 2003 Lexus IS 300 to Lexus for service; Lexus "gets" it.
When I was in my early 20's and before the world crushed my spirit , I would lay awake at night dreaming of the junker LS2000 (1990's) I would work on for years to get it back to showroom condition. Those things were blowing BMW and Mercedes out of the water for pure unadulterated luxury back then. Then again I also had a bit of neo obsession for refurbishing a 1990's Ford Probe:laugh:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Can I ask what kind of money he asks for these? I have an opinion, but the price may sway it one way or the other :)

UKRob

Forum GOD!
*Update
Received my brush today. The box is really cheap one-piece folding-flap type, not like the nicer two-piece boxes in the past.
Knot doesn't have white tips, but more tan. Only time will tell if the wood finish lasts.

I'd be interested in how the black ring holds up. It looks similar to the colour used on rustic brushes and, in my case, it rubbed off very easily and left marks when I dried the brush after use.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Thanks for that, in that case, and very much IMO, that is absurd. They don't look particularly well finished, the knots sound like they are hit and miss (Chinese?), and the aftersales/customer service is appalling (from what I have read).
Why are people buying these when there are plenty of other "artisan" brush makers available? Just check ETSY... Hell, even the the Jayurah brushes are finished better and are a third of the cost!
Apologies if I have offended anyone's brush, some do look quite pretty!

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
I'd be interested in how the black ring holds up. It looks similar to the colour used on rustic brushes and, in my case, it rubbed off very easily and left marks when I dried the brush after use.
Yeah, same with my rustic chubby. I'll just touch them up with a black Sharpie pen eventually. :D

They don't look particularly well finished, the knots sound like they are hit and miss (Chinese?), and the aftersales/customer service is appalling (from what I have read).
Spot on! Though I will say that when you get a good one, it's great! I have a 26mm bare knot I got from him and it doesn't look special to my untrained eye. It's still in the box. :)

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
Yeah, same with my rustic chubby. I'll just touch them up with a black Sharpie pen eventually. :D

Spot on! Though I will say that when you get a good one, it's great! I have a 26mm bare knot I got from him and it doesn't look special to my untrained eye. It's still in the box. :)
I agree , despite all my well documented problems with Gustavo I have to admit that the knot was great. The problems I had were restricted to the handle and customer service etc.