1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ummm

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by SensitiveGuy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

Ok, so this is weird, but hopefully cleared up really quickly.
    I was fortunate enough to receive some Wickhams Parma Violet as a belated Xmas present, it smells as gorgeous as ever, but never having owned anything other than a sample (of any shaving soap) I was a bit surprised by how it looked.
    This may be completely normal - but I just wanted to check with those that have more experience than I.

To me I looks like it's been used, 'brush' marks in the soap, and it's all pushed up against the side of the tub.
    I guess I expected it to be flat and smooth the whole way across?!?

2. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

IMG_3542.jpg

3. wazza

wazza a dog got personality

It looks good to me but Im on my phone so I cant see the brush marks or any others. The shape looks normal though.
    Out of interest, do you know where ot was bought from?

4. chris.hale

chris.hale Guru

I can't see brush marks in the photo either, but that might just be that they're not showing well. A lot of artisan soaps are quite soft and I've had a few that looked like they'd been squidged into the tub, probably because they had. Oddly shaped is not unusual, you only really get a nice smooth flat top with hard soaps.

5. MPH

MPH Guru

The ones I've had were "pushed up the sides", so that's normal.

They definately didn't have brush marks.... That doesn't sound normal to me?

Did you buy direct from Darron (Wickhams).

6. Chico Winterton

Chico Winterton Partisan

My guess is that it hadn't gone in totally evenly and it was just brushed over to level it.

7. bandito

bandito Addict

looks perfectly normal to me - a lot of soaps look like that as opposed to those that, on appearance alone, look similar to bath soaps

8. SeanC

SeanC Guru

The soap being pushed up the sides and having a slightly mottled appearance tie in with my unused tub.

As I can't see perfectly from the photo, I would be on the look for actual indentations from a brush, plus traces of dried lather as a sign of something worth investigating further.

9. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

Looks like all Wickham soap I have received :) New, direct from Wickham I might add :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  10. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Legendary Member

Can't see brush marks from that photo, other than that it looks like my Cashmere

11. qVAMPIREp

qVAMPIREp Active Member

All of my used soaps look like that..... Looks like a returned item.

12. Steve Bowles

Steve Bowles Über Member

Nothing to worry about. All soft soaps look a bit weird when first opened. Enjoy.

13. DamianJ

DamianJ Über Member

I've had new Wickham soaps that look like that going up at the edges.

14. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

My Whickham Classic 24 was like yours. No problem with it

I'm sure that's because of the packaging process

15. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

Thanks, the consensus is that it's all good, so I decided to have my first shave with it - dreamy :wub:

Not sure where the mother in law got it - too scared to ask!!!

Cheers gents, thanks for the help as ever :notworthy:
    Happy New Year to you all :cheers:

wazza likes this.