1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umbrellas

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by dadant, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Sid James

Sid James Legendary Member

2. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

I'd rather get soaked than use an umbrella :D:D
    I really can't see the point? Gore-tex (etc...) jacket does it for me...

3. ManicDee

ManicDee Guru

I have Never Owned or Used an umbrella in my life!

4. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

Will someone explain what a 'golf umbrella' is? I own a Huntsman Fulton and love it. Our last rain was back in February. I paired it with a beat up old Burberry's trench I bought 1977 in San Francisco well before the negative associations some hold for the brand took hold. I'm getting weird looks from people dressed in California full dress; flip flop sandals, shorts, tshirt, reversed baseball cap and sunglasses running from car to building. We are back to 100 degree weather and you know what? A brolly works for hot sun too and I still get weird looks.

5. chris.hale

chris.hale Legendary Member

A golf umbrella is a big umbrella (roughly a metre and a half in diameter) intended to shelter a golfer and his / her cart.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  6. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

Thankyou, I was looking at FULTONS huge storm model with the double vent and thought I'd fly away like Mary Poppins. Then I saw some recent photos of , uh someone else's leader with one holding it like a cricket bat. I discovered another useful feature of a brolly walking. Some fool comes tearing down the path/sidewalk on a bicycle it makes a fearsome weapon closed or a wakeup call opening it quickly.