1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tryasoap.com for getting suggestions based on your preferences (scent)

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by halvor, Nov 2, 2016.

1. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

There's a thread on DFS on tryasoap.com which was an interesting read. It offers recommendations based on your input/scoring of other soaps, limited to scent though.

The man behind the website joined and says the following about the site/service:

I haven't signed up but will sure try, being a soap obsessed shaver. Anyone tried it?

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Active Member

I looked at trythatsoap.com, but only saw a list of soaps, with a list of ingredients and a summary description of each. There are no reviews on Try That Soap that I could find, but then again I did not look at all of the soaps. If the intent is to have others provide the reviews, I would rather place mine on a forum.

That's not to say blogs don't provide a lot of useful information, they do. Palpz's Shaving Soap Reviews, Wet The Face, and several others also contain useful observations of many soaps and creams. It is good having such a vibrant and informative online ecosystem!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    ManicDee likes this.
  3. ManicDee

ManicDee Über Member

Hi Halvor,
    Signed up to it just to see what it's like. Not bad a bit basic but interesting non the less.
    I never realized there where so many Fougère available.
    Cheers

halvor likes this.
  4. Wet the Face

Wet the Face Well-Known Member

Tryasoap.com has been taken down and is currently offline