TROC - Timeless Razor Owners Club

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Whoooaaaaaaa.:woot::dance:

First use of the 0.95 scalloped base plate and head and the above says it all.

I had the opportunity to try a friend's 0.68 scalloped Timeless, a couple of weeks ago, and found it to be the smoothest of any razor I've tried and with a wonderful cutting sound. It was, however, a little on the mild side for my taste, requiring repeat passes in several areas.

The 0.95 appeared to be the way to proceed when ordering my own, but I was nervous as 0.95 suggested something pretty aggressive, having tried a 0.74 SB Wolfman. Avnish gave his opinion and he was spot on. This morning's shave was pure delight. Again, this 0.95 head is as smooth as the 0.68. The cutting sound is louder, although as Avnish stated, the inceased aggressiveness is not proportional to the volume. I took it slowly for the first few WTG strokes on the left side of my face, needing to understand the behaviour of this head. Never before have I used a razor that's so intuitive. Within less than a dozen strokes, I was using the razor like I had been using it for years. It's medium aggressive, but you never, ever feel like there's a chance of cutting yourself. Smooth, functional, and a three pass shave without the slightest hint of irritation. The area under my chin is always in need of 2-3 repeat passes ATG with my Merkur 1904. Only one pass needed, this morning. The 0.95 scalloped was, unquestionably, the way to go, for me. All fears have been allayed. It's the perfect razor. IMO.

The plan was to accustom myself with the scalloped base with a few shaves before moving on to the 0.95 OC base. I last used an OC in 2012, a Merkur, and wasn't happy. The SB has always given me a closer shave. I ordered the Timeless OC, again on Avnish's advice. Much can change over time and I wanted to give the OC style another chance. Having had such good success with the scalloped head after just one shave, I plan to move on to the OC tomorrow morning. I'm a little more nervous about using this head, but, hopefully, this, too, will surprise me. I'll let you know.

I had the opportunity to try a friend's 0.68 scalloped Timeless, a couple of weeks ago, and found it to be the smoothest of any razor I've tried and with a wonderful cutting sound. It was, however, a little on the mild side for my taste, requiring repeat passes in several areas.

The 0.95 appeared to be the way to proceed when ordering my own, but I was nervous as 0.95 suggested something pretty aggressive, having tried a 0.74 SB Wolfman. Avnish gave his opinion and he was spot on. This morning's shave was pure delight. Again, this 0.95 head is as smooth as the 0.68. The cutting sound is louder, although as Avnish stated, the inceased aggressiveness is not proportional to the volume. I took it slowly for the first few WTG strokes on the left side of my face, needing to understand the behaviour of this head. Never before have I used a razor that's so intuitive. Within less than a dozen strokes, I was using the razor like I had been using it for years. It's medium aggressive, but you never, ever feel like there's a chance of cutting yourself. Smooth, functional, and a three pass shave without the slightest hint of irritation. The area under my chin is always in need of 2-3 repeat passes ATG with my Merkur 1904. Only one pass needed, this morning. The 0.95 scalloped was, unquestionably, the way to go, for me. All fears have been allayed. It's the perfect razor. IMO.

The plan was to accustom myself with the scalloped base with a few shaves before moving on to the 0.95 OC base. I last used an OC in 2012, a Merkur, and wasn't happy. The SB has always given me a closer shave. I ordered the Timeless OC, again on Avnish's advice. Much can change over time and I wanted to give the OC style another chance. Having had such good success with the scalloped head after just one shave, I plan to move on to the OC tomorrow morning. I'm a little more nervous about using this head, but, hopefully, this, too, will surprise me. I'll let you know.

Good stuff David! Nice review!! :bravo::cool:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member

Fantastic news David :) very glad you like the razor.

With regards to the OC, it is just as intuitive if not more, as the blade feel further aids correcting the angle. You can, as with the scalloped, shave with full confidence and speed. But my tough area, similar to yours, under and parts of the chin. If you shave slowly with the OC it will be super efficient. 2 passes and chin is done. To be honest I can go over the chin without lather using the OC and just riding the top cap it is that smooth. The OC is even louder, an Astra SP blade is a good choice.

Thick or thin lather, the OC is capable of delivering a smooth, efficient shave. A day or months growth, no issues. I found it more efficient than the ATT SE1 (as per my YouTube channel) and the ability to hold lather without clogging is the best (IMO). Best results are had with zero pressure, or as little as possible and a sharp blade like the shark yellow, once angle is perfected, just let the noise guide you.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the OC.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Fantastic news David :) very glad you like the razor.

With regards to the OC, it is just as intuitive if not more, as the blade feel further aids correcting the angle. You can, as with the scalloped, shave with full confidence and speed. But my tough area, similar to yours, under and parts of the chin. If you shave slowly with the OC it will be super efficient. 2 passes and chin is done. To be honest I can go over the chin without lather using the OC and just riding the top cap it is that smooth. The OC is even louder, an Astra SP blade is a good choice.

Thick or thin lather, the OC is capable of delivering a smooth, efficient shave. A day or months growth, no issues. I found it more efficient than the ATT SE1 (as per my YouTube channel) and the ability to hold lather without clogging is the best (IMO). Best results are had with zero pressure, or as little as possible and a sharp blade like the shark yellow, once angle is perfected, just let the noise guide you.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the OC.
Thanks for the advice, Avnish. I have a feeling this will be a slower shave, but you never know.:)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks for the advice, Avnish. I have a feeling this will be a slower shave, but you never know.:)
I know you appreciate the Wolfman 0.78 SB, another great thing about the Timeless is that it shaves as close as the 0.78 OC, whilst allowing for a larger sweet spot. Just shaved with it this evening and only 2 other DE razors shave me as close over 2 passes.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
This morning saw the first use of my 0.95 OC base plate with scalloped head and I'm going to give it an even longer whoooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa than yesterday with the 0.95 scalloped base plate. :woot::hyper:

I believed that the OC couldn't be any smoother than the scalloped; oh boy, was I wrong. This OC is just magnificent. I didn't have much of a beard since yesterday's shave was incredibly close. I did ponder over whether I was even going to shave, but since I'm a daily shaver, I knew this would be an ideal test. I've always considered OCs to be more suited to several days' growth.

This OC, IMO, is even smoother than the scalloped base, the razor gliding over the skin as if it was on ice. There was barely any friction detected. Again, the sound is wonderful and the resulting shave was as close as yesterday's. I've never used a razor so intuitive. A few strokes and it's as if it's been your regular shaver for years. I'm sure it will bite if you push it too hard, but it feels as if you can do no wrong.

I intend to alternate between the two plates over the coming days, however, I'm already 90% sure the OC will be my regular plate. I can't see there is going to be any need for the scalloped base; the OC appears to have all situations covered.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
This morning saw the first use of my 0.95 OC base plate with scalloped head and I'm going to give it an even longer whoooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa than yesterday with the 0.95 scalloped base plate. :woot::hyper:

I believed that the OC couldn't be any smoother than the scalloped; oh boy, was I wrong. This OC is just magnificent. I didn't have much of a beard since yesterday's shave was incredibly close. I did ponder over whether I was even going to shave, but since I'm a daily shaver, I knew this would be an ideal test. I've always considered OCs to be more suited to several days' growth.

This OC, IMO, is even smoother than the scalloped base, the razor gliding over the skin as if it was on ice. There was barely any friction detected. Again, the sound is wonderful and the resulting shave was as close as yesterday's. I've never used a razor so intuitive. A few strokes and it's as if it's been your regular shaver for years. I'm sure it will bite if you push it too hard, but it feels as if you can do no wrong.

I intend to alternate between the two plates over the coming days, however, I'm already 90% sure the OC will be my regular plate. I can't see there is going to be any need for the scalloped base; the OC appears to have all situations covered.
Can you please stop it! :cursing::p::laugh:

Glad it agrees with you.:okay:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member

Bellissimo! It works wonders on thick stubble, one day or one month, this razor is a machine. It hasn't bitten me as of yet, I have used a little pressure before, but really no need due to the large blade gap. Your comment about the razor being intuitive I couldn't agree more with. Balance and handle grip are also exemplary.