Top 5 soaps

p.b

Forum GOD!
NSS (Olive Oil or Traditional)
C&S No.88
Nuavia
Jabonman
CRSW tallow

I also like B&M and Mickey Lee but have struggled to find a scent I like enough to buy a whole tub of.

Quique

Forum GOD!
It's difficult to choose between only five.
May be

Martin de Candre
Jabonman Premium
Le Pere Lucien Tradicional
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Whickham Super Smooth Bayrum

Reevers

Berlin Calling
I kind of feel like I'm being boring here by nominating soaps that are either oldies or mass production soaps. Here goes...

1) Valobra hard soap - Patchouli is superb
2) Tabac - vintage scent, stellar performance
3) Icoloniali Mango - I can't sniff this soap enough
4) Arko - enough said
5) Speick - massively under exposed soap

I'm in the midst of a house renovation... If I have a few hundred left over at the end, I might drop it all on P&B, Wickhams 1912, SV, MdC, LpL & Jabonman.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
* Tabac
(The only "old" "good" scent to not be considered "naff" in the 80s-90s I've been using the cologne my whole life)
* Barrister & Mann Lavanille (older type)
(Europe Endless: Like most scents I love, there is something in it I don't like)
* Klar Kabinett
(A rose by any other name...:cry:)
* Mitchell's
(Love / Hate)
* Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
(I have literally jumped back and kissed myself)

Special Mentions - DR Harris Windsor (if I'm in the mood for it, this would take my top spot)
Honourable Distinction - A creme that I keep coming back to is Vicco. Cannot big this stuff up enough, it's Turmeric, it's leather, it's cheap, it's amazing:woot:

D

Deleted member 30

I kind of feel like I'm being boring here by nominating soaps that are either oldies or mass production soaps. Here goes...

1) Valobra hard soap - Patchouli is superb
2) Tabac - vintage scent, stellar performance
3) Icoloniali Mango - I can't sniff this soap enough
4) Arko - enough said
5) Speick - massively under exposed soap

I'm in the midst of a house renovation... If I have a few hundred left over at the end, I might drop it all on P&B, Wickhams 1912, SV, MdC, LpL & Jabonman.
Jim over at shave dash has the 1912 samples on a really low price atm, his postage within the EU is rather low too. http://shavedash.com/products/#!/Wi...-samples-England/p/68318039/category=15973023

Good luck with the renovation. Hard working men deserve a bit of luxury from time to time, go on treat yourself!

Ben Hunt

Forum GOD!
That's difficult and changes around. But I would say:

1. DR Harris (especially the almond) - I don't think DR Harris uses any particularly exciting sounding ingredients (other than tallow), but I don't think their performance has been topped for me [note: the Almond does not smell like marzipan/almond, it simply uses some (scentless) almond oil as part of the formulation. The scent profile is: rose geranium, cinnamon, and clove, and they've just recently released other products with this scent, now dubbed "Twenty Nine"]
  2. Phoenix & Beau - very excellent performance and interesting scents
  3. Mitchell's Wool Fat - excellent performance, though last time I used it something put me off the scent, so it's been a while since I've used it
  4. Castle Forbes - maybe i I've had a couple excellent shaves and a couple of not so great ones with it.
  5. Barrister & Mann - glissant base. - I've long enjoyed many of Will's interesting scents, but until I tried one of their recent offerings in the Glissant base, the performance of B&M has never been great for me. Glissant changes that - it shaves more like (though non-identically) to Harris or P&B
I am still waiting on a Wickham 1912, which I'm excited to try, and I've been trying to get my hands on Trigodon soaps.

Also never tried L'Occitane's creams, which I've heard some speak highly of, nor Klar/Dusy Kabinett, nor Cella (though I don't think I probably ever will, don't fancy shaving with marzipan), nor Czech & Speake or Valobra, nor Saponificio Varesino, nor Jabonman, nor Le Père Lucien, nor Meißner Tremonia. So there's still a number of highly regarded ones I've yet to try. [Edited to add: still also yet to try: Trufitt & Hill, OSP & Nanny's Silly Soap.]

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Truefitt & Hill No10 is good, but thirsty.

That's difficult and changes around. But I would say:

1. DR Harris (especially the almond) - I don't think DR Harris uses any particularly exciting sounding ingredients (other than tallow), but I don't think their performance has been topped for me [note: the Almond does not smell like marzipan/almond, it simply uses some (scentless) almond oil as part of the formulation. The scent profile is: rose geranium, cinnamon, and clove, and they've just recently released other products with this scent, now dubbed "Twenty Nine"]
  2. Phoenix & Beau - very excellent performance and interesting scents
  3. Mitchell's Wool Fat - excellent performance, though last time I used it something put me off the scent, so it's been a while since I've used it
  4. Castle Forbes - maybe i I've had a couple excellent shaves and a couple of not so great ones with it.
  5. Barrister & Mann - glissant base. - I've long enjoyed many of Will's interesting scents, but until I tried one of their recent offerings in the Glissant base, the performance of B&M has never been great for me. Glissant changes that - it shaves more like (though non-identically) to Harris or P&B
I am still waiting on a Wickham 1912, which I'm excited to try, and I've been trying to get my hands on Trigodon soaps.

Also never tried L'Occitane's creams, which I've heard some speak highly of, nor Klar/Dusy Kabinett, nor Cella (though I don't think I probably ever will, don't fancy shaving with marzipan), nor Czech & Speake or Valobra, nor Saponificio Varesino, nor Jabonman, nor Le Père Lucien, nor Meißner Tremonia. So there's still a number of highly regarded ones I've yet to try. [Edited to add: still also yet to try: Trufitt & Hill, OSP & Nanny's Silly Soap.]

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Hmm tough one....
NSS Signature - best overall
Haslinger - best performance
La Toja Stick/Speick Stick - superb underrated performance
Arko/Derby - cheap as chips and outperforms vastly more expensive soaps.
MWF - say no more...