Pass Around Timeless Razors Pass Around

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
Got to say this is one impressive razor. Used the .95 OC with scalloped top cap for my first shave. Very, very efficient in mowing down 5 days worth of growth.

Never used a full SS razor before, so even using the short handle I was rather taken aback by the weight of the thing but found when I came to the actual shave it was (to me) surprisingly easy to use. Even 24 hours later I've no need to shave again. Normally my mug does not agree with aggressive razors so I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of irritation, be interesting to see how the same set up works with only a couple of days growth.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Got to say this is one impressive razor. Used the .95 OC with scalloped top cap for my first shave. Very, very efficient in mowing down 5 days worth of growth.

Never used a full SS razor before, so even using the short handle I was rather taken aback by the weight of the thing but found when I came to the actual shave it was (to me) surprisingly easy to use. Even 24 hours later I've no need to shave again. Normally my mug does not agree with aggressive razors so I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of irritation, be interesting to see how the same set up works with only a couple of days growth.
Light touch and a mild blade (Astra SP) works well for me, usually (with the 0.95 OC) I would be shaving every other day.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nishy is spot on. For all my testing I used an Astra. I don't even like these blades generally but they worked great in this.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
I used a med prep, plan on using the same set up throughout so went for something that is middle of the road for me.

Not sure this is the right term but I was also really impressed with the build quality, like I said I've never used anything so heavy before yet it was so well balanced.

I'm starting to see the appeal of SS razors now! :)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Had a strange moment with my timeless last night using a Vokshod blade. I didn't press the blade against the top plate after aligning over the tabs. Subsequently when tightening the razor it didn't create a cracking sound as the heads clamped onto the blade. It usually does make a sound similar to cracking your knuckles.
Is this down to the Teflon component making the blade stiffer? Anyone else tried the Timeless with a Vokshod? The shave itself felt a little more aggressive but not by a significant margin.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Edit now I've read what your saying!

Do you think it could be that the blade is just sat in a lower position and so making it a bit more agressive than usual? @Nishy

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Edit now I've read what your saying!

Do you think it could be that the blade is just sat in a lower position and so making it a bit more agressive than usual? @Nishy
I suppose this could be an issue, but I would assume if pressed against the top plate and then tightened, the blade gap would be larger, than if not flat against the top plate?

Godfather

Forum GOD!
Had a strange moment with my timeless last night using a Vokshod blade. I didn't press the blade against the top plate after aligning over the tabs. Subsequently when tightening the razor it didn't create a cracking sound as the heads clamped onto the blade. It usually does make a sound similar to cracking your knuckles.
Is this down to the Teflon component making the blade stiffer? Anyone else tried the Timeless with a Vokshod? The shave itself felt a little more aggressive but not by a significant margin.
Nishy, a Vokshod blade is my go to blade at the moment. I understand what you are saying as I hear a clicking type of sound when all not perfectly aligned but has never affected the shave!

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Interesting, 'not perfectly alligned' I will have to check but I doubt with the size of the holding tabs that you could not load the blade perfectly each time. I thought it had something to do with the Teflon coating, but a pure guess.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
IMG_1557.JPG

3 shaves to report on with mixed results.

#1 Same as shave 1 (.95 OC) had three days growth this time and again had a very enjoyable 2 pass shave with no resulting irritation. I didn't chance my arm at three passes as I could tell my skin didn't fancy it but the razor was that efficient there was no real need anyway.

#2 .68 with scalloped head, large handle. I wanted to give the larger handle a try and attempted to go into the shave with an open mind but I simply found it to large and unwieldy, I only have small hands! It did seem to effect the shave (at least in my head) as I ended up with a nick and a couple of weepers which is rare. 2 passes but not a particularly close shave.

#3 .68 with scalloped head, smaller handle. Change of blade as well to Astra SP a better shave than last time out. I think a fresh blade helped, a couple of weepers again however. 2 1/2 passes, DFS but something's not quite right for me with the .68 baseplate. In all fairness to the timeless I had a tooth out last week, been laid low with a fever and now have a cold developing so it's not seeing me at my best either!

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I have fairly large hands and I still find the 100mm handle unwieldy, which is a pity because I love the way it looks. I wish they'd make an 85mm version.

I have now bought the 85mm Timeless handle and moved on the long one, and am much happier with it.

steve wilson

Forum GOD!
@flobberdob dropped off the timeless. First impressions the bulid quality is fantastic. I was not going to shave today due to feel ill but the urge got the better of me. Set up the Timeless with the .68 base platewith the scalloped head and long handle. Fitted an Astra sp blade. If the razor shaves as good has it looks it would be a winner. After the second pass there was not much stubble left, had to do a third pass, this was at 8 this morning still feeling pretty smooth at 8 at night. Not expecting much to have much to shave off totomorrow (if in work).