The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I'm still hanging in there with the Ingram. A highly underrated soap which I could happily employ throughout the British summer time.
This whole one soap - one month craic is fair less of a chore when you actually like the soap.

D

Deleted member 30

I'm feeling bad for sending it to you! Its ingredients list promises so much, but the scent is just so off-putting!
Yes the scent got the better of me in the end too. That and the lack of protection. Ben no worries though, you never know until you try for yourself. :)

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Well I have been using Canadian Bay Rum & Lime forever....... well it seems like it.........(except for a 3 shave break to try out BBS products), and it looks like it has about 3 ish more shaves in it. I will post a pic of the empty pot !!

Porter

I usually go through a soap one at a time so I'll say i'm in. Been working on a puck of Haslinger honey for the past month or so, and can't complain about the performance (Haslinger is my favourite all around soap so far). The scent of Honey isn't my favourite, it'seems a little sweet for my taste, but it's not offensive to my nose.

Granted, I have a puck of Tabac on it's way to me that i'll be using as my summer soap, so i'll be making the switch over shortly after that shows up.

Porter

@misingskin well done on the bay rum and lime! I had some of First Canadian's grand Valley vetiver at one point and quite liked it. There was some citrus mixed in that went well with the vetiver.

Lann

Forum GOD!
Currently using P&B's Imperial Rum until the end of June - my first experience of a Bay Rum scent and I am loving it. I have some Wickham's Classic 24 and Irish Fern currently winging their way to me courteous of Shaving Station so that is July and August sorted too :D

missingskin

Forum GOD!
@misingskin well done on the bay rum and lime! I had some of First Canadian's grand Valley vetiver at one point and quite liked it. There was some citrus mixed in that went well with the vetiver.
I'm still using it (I had a 3 shave break to try out the BBS pass around), but I think 2 (maybe.. :) ) shaves will finish it off ......... boo !!!

Porter

Well, I've just had some 1912 samples come in which will be taking up my next month's worth of shaves, most likely. After that it will be Tabac for the remainder of the summer, most likely.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Given we're nearly in July, I will commit to starting in July for one month on one soap. Now to decide on which one.

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Well the First Canadian Bay Rum & Limes has now finished and the new soap has been decided. Mickey Lee Soapworks "Cotonia Di Agrumi" the scent is perfect for summer and should work well with my new Fine Italian Citrus .............:)

Soaps.jpg

Lann

Forum GOD!
My Phoenix and Beau Obsidian soap and matching solid cologne arrived this morning and I couldn't resist so used it for today's shave. The scent profile suits me down to the ground and I can easily see this becoming another of my favourite P&B offerings alongside Star Noir, Spitfire and Baskerville. In order to get to know the soap that bit better, I have nominated it as my soap for July

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
My Phoenix and Beau Obsidian soap and matching solid cologne arrived this morning and I couldn't resist so used it for today's shave. The scent profile suits me down to the ground and I can easily see this becoming another of my favourite P&B offerings alongside Star Noir, Spitfire and Baskerville. In order to get to know the soap that bit better, I have nominated it as my soap for July
Obsidian is wonderful, not sure if you have already tried the following but we'll worth considering, as you enjoy Obsidian:
RazorMaster Ari Pine
Tabula Rasa Olibannum
Grandstaff Vetiver