The One Soap One Month Challenge!

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I've not, once the stash does down I'll give it a go.

I really hate tobs sandalwood. Reminds me of insence sticks.

How would OSP fit in between these?
I have tried TOBs, Proraso red and AOS Sandalwood. The TOBs was ok, I hated the other 2.

OSP Sandalwood smells amazing IMO.

PM me your address and I'll send you some OSP Sandalwood to try.

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
I've not, once the stash does down I'll give it a go.

I really hate tobs sandalwood. Reminds me of insence sticks.

How would OSP fit in between these?
Obviously they are all different scents but I would say OSP is more similar in profile to Trumpers than TOBS, I don't know if this is the right way to phrase it but OSP smells more 'natural' than the other 2.

When I pair it with the splash and that Indian sandalwood soap it's probably my favourite indulgent shave.

In fact I'm talking myself into attempting this one month challenge with the OSP!

captain_hx

Thalassophile
I will play along! Fist shave of the month was with Smooth Operator so I will continue using it till the end of March.

The soap is an excellent performer and receives positive reviews on the boards. It is produced in small patches and is sold on etsy.com by SoapAdventure. I have no affiliation with the soapmaker and hope I'm not violating the rules by writing this.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I will play along! Fist shave of the month was with Smooth Operator so I will continue using it till the end of March.

The soap is an excellent performer and receives positive reviews on the boards. It is produced in small patches and is sold on etsy.com by SoapAdventure. I have no affiliation with the soapmaker and hope I'm not violating the rules by writing this.
Nope no violation, we're a pretty free speaking, open minded forum/bunch. Sounds like a good product.

captain_hx

Thalassophile
Thanks Nishy

Had shave No 2 but forgot to weight the soap. I anticipate 10-15 shaves more till the end of the month and expect sufficient product reduction this being an artisan soap.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Second shave today with the GFT.

I just love this scent! I did give it a drop of sandalwood skin food to see if that lather changed. I can't say it did but it did intensify the scent.

The lather instantaneous. So much easier than using a soap. Also the sweet spot is wide.

I used a shavemac 28mm which is a bit of a lather hog but all was great.

Very pleasant shave. It's a shame that these English creams have taken a back seat these days.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
3 uses of Eufros Fougere (Jabonman premium tallow) so far. Very nice lather, it isn't as thick as the MdC, but still provides good/equal cushion, being quite dense. It also offers better slickness than the MdC IMO. Post shave is great and the scent is also more apparent. This soap definitely requires a longer load time and longer build time than MdC.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shaves 3 and 4

Nice shaves again, I think I'm becoming a bit nose blind as the scent doesn't seem as strong as it was. It is pretty light but seems to have diminished or it might be just me.

If I was to do a comparison to Speick, this cream lathers faster and is a fair bit more slicker. It does however not have as much cushion when compared to Speick.

I'm loving instantaneous perfect lathers in the morning. Great creams for beginners.

Perhaps I should weigh this pot after 4 shaves? Wonder what I'm averaging per use?

Thalasos

Forum GOD!
I'm with DR Harris discovering. Using Arlington soap for daily or every other day shave. But... Saturday or Sunday shave belongs to my recent crush on DR Harris Rose shaving cream. I'm in love with the pink lady. This is like use a forbidden object, stolen from your sister's drawer. What the heck was they thinking when include so much pink paint to their shaving cream. It doesn't matter. Love this poisoning juice.

captain_hx

Thalassophile
Shaves 3 & 4
My shaves last longer than usual as I am learning to straight razor shave. But the lather of the Smooth Operator soap stays consistent and well hydrated for the whole shave. Slickness and cushioning is also up there with the best.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Still sticking with my Jabonman, Eufros fougere. This premium tallow formulation is very good, skin is left very soft and moisturised, without a sticky or clamy feel. It doesn't leave you feeling oiled up either. Scent is good, menthol levels nice. The slickness and cushion is superb.

captain_hx

Thalassophile
Shave 6
l went against my usual facelathering routine and bowl lathered the soap with a synthetic brush. This was a great success.

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I cheated last night. Put my Jabonman Fougere away and used my Grandstaff vetiver. It's kind of like dumping Jennifer Aniston for Holly Valance. It was really nice to experience a different scent profile. May dump Holly and grab the MdC vetiver tonight or Selena Gomez if you like. Medium to firm and complex.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Great analogy @Nishy cheat shaves are totally ok, there are no rules! Hopefully it made you appreciate how good your challenge soap was!

The mrs has packed up my gft somewhere in the house move and I have had chance to find it so it looks like I'm ducking out for this month with regret!

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I'm still going strong.
First two shaves were MdC Fougere (sample) - finished off after the 2nd go.
The rest have been Simpsons Café Latte and i must say I'm enjoying this month far more than last with the Macca Fecking Root.