The One Soap One Month Challenge!

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Mystic Water Poggio dei Pini

I cannot believe just how good this soap is! This is an absolute gem so much better than Wholly Kaw.....Slick, cushioning, and protective, skin feels amazing
Never would I have thought, how much I love this soap and fragrance, I don't usually like pine with a hint of eucalyptus, but throw in some rosemary and macchia mediterranea. Sublime doesn't do it any justice. It is Epic

Wholly kaw can get fkd
Get Mystic Waters #1

E-curbi

Forum GOD!
I've been using Barrister and Mann's new Eigengrau for 5days straight, not because of any challenge - I simply love the scent! :wub:

It's cold yet not mentholated, clean and fresh and also sweet, it smells like a vanilla but I'm probably wrong about that...

Best $19.99 I've spent this year, lol

IMG_1364.JPG

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I've been using Barrister and Mann's new Eigengrau for 5days straight, not because of any challenge - I simply love the scent! :wub:

It's cold yet not mentholated, clean and fresh and also sweet, it smells like a vanilla but I'm probably wrong about that...

Best $19.99 I've spent this year, lol

View attachment 83861
(To the tune of "4 more years") 26 more days! 26 more days! Glad you're enjoying it, stick with it :)

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I've been working through my tub of Wickham's Club Cola since Xmas day. Still enjoying the scent and the lather, it's the first full sized tub of Wickham's that I've bought and I'll be trying some others just as soon as I've finished a few soaps...

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I'm going to give this another go, last year I did it with Oleo Shiloh and I did get a little bored. I was also a little bit disappointed at how little soap I managed to get through in a whole month!

This time I'm trying with a softer soap in the hope that I manage to finish it in the month...

My choice will be Declaration Sellout, and I have a perfume parlour witchhazel splash and a balm from Barts Balms. Hoping to kill all these in the next 28 days.

They're not new, the soap has probably seen about 4 or 5 uses, the splash and balm levels are just below the labels.

Screenshot_20210131-060617_Gallery.jpg

Ed13

Easy for me as I have a Tabac puck right now that will take a number of months until it is gone. I only use one soap at a time.

Baba Rum

Forum GOD!
I think i could do a whole month (well, not sure - I really want to change in order to keep it fun) with the Paolo Barrasso Blue, or with the Saponificio Varesino Opuntia and TFS Torino Forti Sensazioni. Or maybe with Extro's The End. All lather up beautifully, and smell wonderful. But it would have to be a short month ;-)

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Me too, finally getting rid of odd ends. Some I use to surprise me with how good they are and how consistently you get a good lather as I’ve dialled them in 100%.
Only thing in some cases is where you know you can’t buy it again. I’m still clinging on to my vintage Figaro P160, that stuff is absolutely and hands down the best I have ever used. Scent is only a small trace but the lather !!!!

Last edited:

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Only thing in some cases is where you know you can’t buy it again. I’m still clinging on to my vintage Figaro P160, that stuff is absolutely and hands down the best I have ever used. Scent is only a small trace but the lather !!!!
Ah yes, I’ve got a few AoS/Valobra bits I’ll get to soon. It feels like doing it justice by dialling it in, using it regularly and have some amazing shaves.

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I’ve been picking the soap with the least in and running it out recently. It’s making space for more.
I'm doing this, I pick one soap that's got the least in it, then use that every other day. On the alternate days I'm going through my stash as normal with a different one each time. That way it doesn't get too boring.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I'm doing this, I pick one soap that's got the least in it, then use that every other day. On the alternate days I'm going through my stash as normal with a different one each time. That way it doesn't get too boring.
Well we have our California adventure and I will place a decent order with Maggards for delivery to our USA friend then bring it back. So the deal with Mrs Saint is get all my Soap in the bath room cabinet I use.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Maybe this thread's dead now, in any case, I've been using my Lea Mentholada cream for the last month. It's actually longer except for 1 day of a Catie's Bubbles sample back in March. About half way through the tube now

Reactions: p.b