1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The much maligned 4/8 sized razors

Discussion in 'Straight Razors (SR)' started by R181, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:32 AM.

1. R181

R181 Forum GOD!

The 4/8 sized razors are not my personal favourites but the first few razors I bought were that size and remain in my rotation of razors. This morning shave reminded me that while a dainty 4/8 razor won't gain you the look of a he-man while shaving they certainly will do the job well. It shaved as well as any of my other larger sized razors do. To put it another way, it could be that I am as inept with a 4/8 as I am with the larger sized razors. Take your pick, either way the outcome was just fine. If you are looking for a new or different experience from your big choppers the 4/8 might just surprise you.

I should also give a shout out to the C&E Moroccan Myrrh shave cream for supplying a wonderful lather with a lovely scent. Nothing like a slick lather that leaves my skin feeling good to aid in getting a good 4 pass irritation free shave.

2hot 2trot likes this.
  2. JayGee

JayGee Über Member

South Wilts.
    Had a great shave from my Puma 4/8 Wiener Schaberl this morning.

I find it promotes better technique, the blade is so light & maneuverable. Same goes for stropping, it is a shorter blade as well with a thumb notch, take it easy & all good.

It is my preferred travel razor, a nice change & it holds a wicked edge for at least 10 shaves without having to show it the pasted strop.

I really like it. I have an 8/8 Filli 14 as well & love that too, they are both great razors that deliver a great shave, need to be handled slightly differently that's all.
    2hot 2trot, Dr Watson and R181 like this.