The journey or the destination?

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Destination is nothing more than an illusion that we strive for as the journey, within all things, has neither an ending nor a beginning, just participation. :)
I like that sentiment and to be fair it about sums things up......as I think I have come to the end of the journey I find it is just a bend in the road and there is more to follow............:)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Deep down we all know that if the shaving police knocked and gave you 10 mins to pick a razor, blades, one soap and a brush before confiscating everything else we could all do it.
Mate i'd go down screaming you'll never take my stash pigs lol

smooth_criminal

Forum GOD!
For me it's the destination, but while I'm on the journey - I'm enjoying the view.

Once I narrow down the software and hardware I truly love (and not just like), buying new gear would be spending money for spendings sake.

I got carried away at the begining and bought loads of software, it's really easy to get carried away and hoard. But it seems a waste to have loads of stuff you rarely use, so a lot of this is being slowly sold away as I learn what works for me.

I find that the less you have - the more you can appreciate the items you own. You get to learn each products little nuances you would otherwise miss by constantly chopping and changing your shave gear.

Eventually I would like to minimise to a handful of products / hardware, to sample new products on occassion and buy full sized soaps and creams only once I use up what I have.

Randomangle

Über Bum
I'm nearly there but I still like to try new soaps and smellies. I don't use badger so brushes are restricted to boar and synths. I don't think the Plisson can be beaten and I like big boars. Razor is Feather D2, I sometimes am tempted by the new stuff but know that any differences are going to be minimal and ultimately not worth spending hundreds of pounds on.

But I think it's the journey ... I may go back to the Blue II and start all over again.

Lann

Forum GOD!
Definately the journey for me. If it was just down to getting to where I want to be I think I would still be on the cartridge and foam express. This pastime is all about the experience for me so I like to try new things some of which I like others perhaps not so much.

That said, I do think I am getting better at not stopping every five minutes to look at the view though.

JayGee

Forum GOD!
Journey but, I'm getting closer to the destination daily.

I'm really enjoying using fewer products regularly & then a group buy comes along!