1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The journey or the destination?

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by bandito, Jul 17, 2017.

1. bandito

bandito Addict

The journey - trying all those wonderful sounding soaps and creams, artisanal and classics; age-old traditional razors and technological marvels; badger, boar, horse and synthetic...

The destination - finding 'the one' and calling it a day...

Or a bit of both?

Which is it for you?

Missoni likes this.
  2. Looney12345

Looney12345 Forum GOD!

At the moment, the journey, I'm still massively in the thick of it and expect to be for at least another year whilst I properly evaluate the razors in my collection. I hope to get down to a couple of each razor type over time, so that I have variety, ideally with around 7 brushes, but probably more and a number of soaps that I enjoy the scent and performance of each one.

3. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Yeah the journey for me too, I just like trying new stuff!

Looney12345 likes this.
  4. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Legendary Member

The journey has been ending for a while now for me but I never seem to get to the end of the line..

missingskin, Looney12345 and Rowlers like this.
  5. Missoni

Missoni Fellow Traveller

...I would like to say it is the journey, I want it to be the journey, I know for many of life's experiences it is the journey that it is important however I naturally or sub-consciously gravitate to using only one product and when I use a product that turns out to suit me just so, I am a happy chappie. Products that are not just so, will be used up and not replaced or stored for passing on...so I guess it is mostly the destination...I stress mostly :)

Looney12345 likes this.
  6. frankw

frankw Über Member

"the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure whilst always arriving..." (rl) sums it up nicely for me ymmv :)

missingskin and Looney12345 like this.
  7. I suppose I vacillate wildly between journey and destination. I have a lot of shaving gear that I could happily shave with for the rest of my days and get fantastic results, however there is always something out there that tickles my fancy..and it's always fun to try new products..the dilemma comes when you have a lot of shaving stuff and it's all of high quality..or you thin out you collection only to find yourself buying back certain things that you once moved on.

Still it's a great hobby and much better than smoking crack or ram raiding. Right I'm off for a spot of plum jam and a game of cribbage. Ta ra for now.

Looney12345, Rowlers and frankw like this.
  8. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Destination otherwise I feel I'm throwing money, time and effort at an unachievable goal. However, I enjoy the banter and helping others so the journey is an important part even if it's not my own.

9. Sid James

Sid James Legendary Member

I just like buying stuff

[​IMG]

Grarea, dowsing, p.b and 5 others like this.
  10. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Veteran

I prefer to think of it as 'the thrill of the chase'.

BlacknTan, Wayne and Nishy like this.
  11. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

Journey for me all the way. If I find the 'One' it will spoil it all for me and interest will wane. Every product has good/bad points nothing is perfect so I'll just keep on keeping on. :happy:

12. frankw

frankw Über Member

oh, a good samaritan then… and here's me thinking you were a hindu...

13. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

With definite direction.

frankw likes this.
  14. Dipesh

Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

Journey 100%

Exploring, learning, getting better. That's what I love.

Rowlers likes this.
  15. frankw

frankw Über Member

identity politics… wonderful!