Completed The General - Brass

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Well my plan to shave with the brass general tonight has been scuppered. Red card through the door, I always go to collect on the day as my postman comes around mid day and they've typically got the packages back to the depot and logged into the system by the time I get home... Unfortunately not the case today, for the first time! It'll likely be Thursday now as I am out tomorrow evening so all around I'm a bit :(. Never mind! I'll post in here when I have it in hand

Acer89

James
Well my plan to shave with the brass general tonight has been scuppered. Red card through the door, I always go to collect on the day as my postman comes around mid day and they've typically got the packages back to the depot and logged into the system by the time I get home... Unfortunately not the case today, for the first time! It'll likely be Thursday now as I am out tomorrow evening so all around I'm a bit :(. Never mind! I'll post in here when I have it in hand
Hey..... chin up. It'll be worth waiting for. :)

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Evening gents,

Last night's shave report below. It was my first of a Kamisori and my 15th straight shave. It was also my first Brass General shave, but don't think that's quite as exciting lol. One pass with the Kamisori, second pass with the Brass General. Used a very special Wickham 1912 not available for general sale, Sweet Tobacco, I was surprised, I didn't think I'd like it... I did! Finished off with Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Aftershave Balm, which is already pretty much spot on, but Darron insists on tinkering!

Regarding the Kami, I quite like not having scales. Was happy to keep dipping my toe in with the straight shaving.

The Brass General is odd. It is one of th heaviest razors I've used and it feels like it is not currently at all. There is virtually no blade feel. That said it was incredibly smooth and rather efficient. I'm not sure about it, I also really dislike the smell of the metal, but we shall see how the next shave with it goes!

- Unknown Kamisori
- Brass General - Schick Proline (3)
- Mervyn Cadman Finest L7 Orange Earth
- Wickham 1912 Sweet Tobacco
- Thayers Aloe Witch Hazel
- Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Aftershave Balm

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
First shave with a loan razor some of you may recognise, one of @Blackmass razors.

This was my 17th straight shave. I'll be keeping this brief as I ended up needing to hurry the shave which was a shame. I did one, quite successful pass, other than a small nick on my chin.

I had a second pass with the Brass General fitted with a Proline on its 5th? use. That passed without issue and I was done and dusted in about 10 max 15mins which is super quick for me. Pretty much smooth as I wanted it to be.

The Shavemac is a stunning brush, the 1912 club cola is cracking.

Actually a very good shave considering. I'll have to send the Brass General on at some point next week, I'll message the next in line!

Last edited:
Reactions: p.b

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Gents, I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been ridiculously busy. Unfortunately I won't be able to get this out until next Monday now, I may get a part shave in with it on Sunday to say farewell if I'm lucky, I'm currently sporting a weeks growth. Mad week. Sorry again.

1morepasswill

Forum GOD!
Guys , take me off the list please. Thanks for the opportunity but I've got plenty to be getting on with and with having tried the original aluminium version my curiosity has been quenched. Thanks.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Morning gents,

Saturdays shave report below and my 18th straight shave. I'm going to keep mentioning what number it is so that I can keep track of how many I've had :D

I had over a weeks growth after a very busy week and was desperate to get rid of it.

The Maesto is a 2 band finest and is another new addition to the den, but it is very similar to my horn 2 band finest. I did ask for a bulb but ended up with more of a fan and with a short loft. I actually really enjoyed the brush, but as I said, it's a similar spec to the horn which is a shame.

Lathered up with ATG LE Bleu 1912 which was lovely as always. Actually used a little too much water so lather was flying about the place, took me a while to stabilise it but got there in the end!

The shave was good. One pass with the MW knocked most of the stubble down, still a little patchy and wanting to get a final shave in with the Brass General, I completed the second pass with the latter.

The end result was smooth, not the closest or the best finish, but acceptable, with no irritation or nicks.

I'll quickly surmise my thoughts on the Brass General;

It's a nice weight and balance. It shaves smoothly. If you like patina and a rough around the edge finish you'll like this. The metallic smell of the brass was enough to put me off, I could smell it through the soap and that was a turn off for me. A lovely razor, but not one I'll be adding to the den. Thank you to the forum for the opportunity to try it. Apologies it spent a little longer with me than I would have liked. It's being posted today!