Supply Single Edge V2

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I'm interested to hear how you'd rate the V2 two-dot plate compared with the three-dot plate on the older version, Lee. Do they feel roughly the same, or is the new two-dot plate more aggressive than the old three-dot plate?

I'm asking as I notice that Supply Provision are now selling V2 one-dot and three-dot plates separately and I'm thinking of getting them. I've read a review on their website which suggests that the V2 one-dot plate is less aggressive than the original one-dot plate (which surprises me as I didn't think it could get any less aggressive). I could do with a ramp-up from the V1 three-dot plate, but it would need to offer something meaningful in order to make it financially viable.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I'm interested to hear how you'd rate the V2 two-dot plate compared with the three-dot plate on the older version, Lee. Do they feel roughly the same, or is the new two-dot plate more aggressive than the old three-dot plate?

I'm asking as I notice that Supply Provision are now selling V2 one-dot and three-dot plates separately and I'm thinking of getting them. I've read a review on their website which suggests that the V2 one-dot plate is less aggressive than the original one-dot plate (which surprises me as I didn't think it could get any less aggressive). I could do with a ramp-up from the V1 three-dot plate, but it would need to offer something meaningful in order to make it financially viable.
I shall give the 2dot a whirl and let you know. The v2 3dot is much improved for me though...

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
@Rowlers - do you have all 3 plates handy with the razor? :) Reason I'm asking here is I don't have the privileges to PM or comment on the BST thread as per the rules! :D Let me know.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member

As promised, I have given the V2 2dot plate a whizz around my chops. This was with 2 days growth too...
I have to say, I'm impressed. I am not too sure what they have changed on this plate from V1, (if anything?), but it certainly feels like it performs better. Maybe the newer, more accurate manufacture of the V2 or the silky smooth Jet Black finish... Whatever it is, it s very good. Much smoother than the V2 #3 plate, but a little less blade feel, obviously.
This could be a daily shaver, and yet easilty handles a couple of days growth..

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I own a Supply V1, which I really want to love but I have found it to be very mild for me even on plate 3.
Initially I did not get the angles right, corrected that and better results ,but using a Chick /Proline results still very patchy.

As a last resort tried a Personna Blade, which does not normally work for me, and got a consistent Shave
all round Shave. Today, by concentrating and by do extra polishing up work got a pretty respectable Shave.
To get this Razor to really work I need a V2 aggressive plate.

I actually mailed Patrick at Supply and explained my predicament, this was around 0900am, At 1445 Patrick contacted me and is sending me an aggressive plate on its own rather than having to buy 2 plates. Hope it works out. What wonderful service from Supply, in this day and age it is really remarkable-Patrick really believes in listening to his customers :happy::happy::happy:

Last edited:

MattM97

Forum GOD!
I just bought one of these second hand for a really good price so I'm excited to try it out. SE razors seem to be much better for me in terms of shave quality and performance. So when it get here hopefully this week I'll give it a go. Just curious if it will be out my Brass General and Mongoose.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
As previously reported I have A Supply SE V1, which even on plate 3 I found to be very mild. With A lot of effort I could get a passable Shave from time to time. I recently got in touch with Patrick at Supply, and explained my problem. He very kindly offered to send me at minimal cost a revised Plate 3.

This arrived yesterday, so had a run out with it fitted with a Proline Blade. Now it has a nice degree of blade feel but not aggressive. Very pleased to say that not only was the Shave smooth and comfortable, but the finish was up there with those I get from my best Injectors. Shave Time was reduced as no longer had to spend ages on polishing up work. I am now happy to include this Razor in my rotations and will try it out with other blades.

IMG_0203.jpg

Last edited:

MattM97

Forum GOD!
So last week I got my V2 Supply and used it 3x in a row. It was a good razor but just not as good as my other SE razors. I wasn't a huge fan of the handle and how it felt in my hands. So I ended up selling it and buying another SE razor the King Cobra which arrived and I will use it this weekend.

So for me the Supply was a good razor but just not good enough to beat out my others razors. Glad I tired it and know where it stands for me.

mbarno

Forum GOD!
So last week I got my V2 Supply and used it 3x in a row. It was a good razor but just not as good as my other SE razors. I wasn't a huge fan of the handle and how it felt in my hands. So I ended up selling it and buying another SE razor the King Cobra which arrived and I will use it this weekend.

So for me the Supply was a good razor but just not good enough to beat out my others razors. Glad I tired it and know where it stands for me.
Hi
Are the razors you’re talking about being better than the Supply razor the Mongoose & General you listed earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro