Completed Supply Provision Single Edge - CLOSED

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Picked up The Supply this morning from my Post Office Depot. Many thanks to @Burgundy for passing it along.

I'll report back in the next couple of days.

Cheers
Rob
Enjoy!
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Glenn_Lee (TSR)
  6. matteob (TSR)
  7. UKRob (ATG)
  8. Lucido (ATG/TSR)
  9. Burgundy (ATG)
  10. Blackmass (ATG/TSR)
  11. Acer89 (ATG)
  12. You?
The list is open.

Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting, Dropped out

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Last night's shave....

First shave with the Supply SE courtesy of the pass around. Thank you to all those involved in arranging it.

So what did I think? Well seen as this was last night's shave and I'm still struggling to find the words I'll leave it up to you to decide.

The fit and finish is excellent. No problem changing the base plate and no issues fitting the blade either.
The feel of the razor in hand is something I'm not sure about. The weight is OK (110g) and there were no issues with it becoming slippy. It's just the way it felt in the hand.
Hard to explain by what I mean but at times it felt uncomfortable (not the right word I'm looking for) to hold.

On to the shave. I chose base plate 2 and used the personna blades provided.

The first pass was very smooth with very little audio feedback. I had to check to see it was removing any stubble and it was, not a lot but enough to know it was actually cutting the stubble.
I adjusted the shaving angle thought and the audio feedback increased dramatically on the second pass (across the grain) So far I would say the razor was mild and comfortable.

On to ATG. I found you can get the razor to be quite aggressive depending on the shaving angle. Saying that I did need multiple passes under my jaw line and neck area.
Now this is nothing out of the ordinary as with most new razors I use it takes me a few shaves to get this right.

I'm not going to give you a definitive yes or no answer on whether I'd buy one yet. I'll need a few more shaves with it.

The finished shave was good but could have been closer under the jaw line/ neck area.

I hope all the above makes some sense? Not feeling particularly inspired at the moment.

Cheers
Rob

Blackmass

Forum GOD!

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: King of shaves pre shave oil
Razor: Supply SE (Plate 3)
Razor blade: Personna (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: PAA CaD

Second shave with the pass around Supply. Moved up to plate 3 but stuck with the personna blade to cut down on the variables.

The shave was OK but had a some irritation on the top lip as I over shave a little.

I didn't find much difference between plate 2 and 3. Slightly more efficient going ATG but not by much.
I don't find the handle comfortable to hold and the cutting angle is not very intuitive. You are constantly searching for the right angle.

Finished off with the Fine A/S. Quite a bit of sting which thankfully faded quickly. Lovely scent, like freshly washed bed linen is the closest I can describe and matches the soap exactly.
The face feel is excellent too.

One question. Can you use AC type blades in the Supply? If so I will try one in my next (and last) shave.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers
Rob

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The Supply Provision has landed, Thanks to Rob @Blackmass
First shave later this evening.
Cheers...
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Glenn_Lee (TSR)
  6. matteob (TSR)
  7. UKRob (ATG)
  8. Lucido (ATG/TSR)
  9. Burgundy (ATG)
  10. Blackmass (ATG/TSR)
  11. Acer89 (ATG)
  12. Aaron1983 (TSR)
  13. You?
The list is open.

Acer89

James
DSC_4579a.jpg

My first shave with the Supply Provision Single Edge pass around. Thanks to TSR member @blademonkey

First off the stainless steel build is lovely but given it's weight I do think the handle lacks grip. A little side knurling wouldn't have distracted from it's clean looking design. During the shave I was conscious it could easily slip through my fingers. I know some have used alum but you really shouldn't have to resort to such tactics. Grip factor should be considered during design not compensated for afterwards.

I had three plates to choose from 1-3, 3 being described as the most efficient. (efficiency isn't to be confused with aggressiveness)

Blade loading was simple enough, Swedish NOS Blade with plate #3. However, even with a nice new blade, plate 3 wasn't enough to deliver a close shave and remove 24hrs of medium stubble in three passes. By close I don't mean BBS or even DFS, I just mean close!

I was also unsure where to place my fingers for the best grip. With the Pal and Schick Adjustable grip location came naturally but not here I'm afraid. Because of the weight and smooth handle I found myself gripping the razor firmly by the neck which didn't seem particularly comfortable.

The overall shave was just about OK but I did end up with a few tiny weepers. (rare for me). I never go chasing the BBS but even with multiple passes this razor seemed to lack efficiency, something I understand is addressed in the updated version II edition HERE.

I'll plough ahead and I'll have a few more shaves before giving my final verdict. :)

Last edited:

Acer89

James
Aaron1983 (TSR) has decided to pass so as I'm last on the list should I return the razor to you
@sɐǝɹpu∀?
If so please send over your postal addy. The rules ask for this to be tracked service so I'll be using myhermes tracked and signed for. They'll keep you updated on tracking if you provide an email and contact phone number.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Aaron1983 (TSR) has decided to pass so as I'm last on the list should I return the razor to you
@sɐǝɹpu∀?
If so please send over your postal addy. The rules ask for this to be tracked service so I'll be using myhermes tracked and signed for. They'll keep you updated on tracking if you provide an email and contact phone number.

Next on the list is @AndyMc133 over on TSR... could you please try and contact him?

2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Glenn_Lee (TSR)
  6. matteob (TSR)
  7. UKRob (ATG)
  8. Lucido (ATG/TSR)
  9. Burgundy (ATG)
  10. Blackmass (ATG/TSR)
  11. Acer89 (ATG)
  12. Aaron1983 (TSR)
  13. AndyMc133 (TSR)
  14. You?
The list is open.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Supply Provision sent to AndyMc 133 (TSR) Tracking info sent
It's been delivered.
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Glenn_Lee (TSR)
  6. matteob (TSR)
  7. UKRob (ATG)
  8. Lucido (ATG/TSR)
  9. Burgundy (ATG)
  10. Blackmass (ATG/TSR)
  11. Acer89 (ATG)
  12. Aaron1983 (TSR)
  13. AndyMc133 (TSR)
  14. Benz3ne (TSR)
  15. You?
The list is open.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
LAST ORDERS!
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Glenn_Lee (TSR)
  6. matteob (TSR)
  7. UKRob (ATG)
  8. Lucido (ATG/TSR)
  9. Burgundy (ATG)
  10. Blackmass (ATG/TSR)
  11. Acer89 (ATG)
  12. Aaron1983 (TSR)
  13. AndyMc133 (TSR)
  14. Benz3ne (TSR)
  15. You?
The list is open.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The pass around is now closed.
Thanks to everyone for looking after the razor and posting their thoughts.
Thank you very much Paul (@Blademonkey on TSR) for making this pass around possible. I certainly enjoyed using the Single Edge.

2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  4. Rowlers (ATG)
  5. Glenn_Lee (TSR)
  6. matteob (TSR)
  7. UKRob (ATG)
  8. Lucido (ATG/TSR)
  9. Burgundy (ATG)
  10. Blackmass (ATG/TSR)
  11. Acer89 (ATG)
  12. Aaron1983 (TSR)