1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stubl - the razor designed to, well, not shave too well

Discussion in 'Cartridge Safety Razors (CR)' started by Darkbulb, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

At the time of writing, Nov 19, 2016, you have just six more days to get onto this Kickstarter that is, actually, already fully funded - and then some. :wink:

The Stubl

"A traditional razor with a proprietary cap to maintain a perfect stubble-look. Travel-ready and easy-to-use."

[​IMG]

2. Lord Fatboy

Lord Fatboy Born on Hollow Ground

Wow. No shave, no irritation :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. Lord Fatboy

I sometimes wonder about "designer" stubble and how it came about. (watching Poldark recently even my wife commented "There are some very close shaven men - for the 1780s - in this". Later, watching a 1950s era drama, we both said "There are a lot of military men with designer stubble in this, surely they would've been considered dangerous radicals or bohemian artists at the time")

Len likes this.
  4. Dipesh

Dipesh Über Member Staff Member

You can shave anywhere! The office, whilst doing a presentation or even with a lady when driving lol

missingskin likes this.
  5. RSSO

RSSO Member #11

I have to ask is it unisex and can it well... maintain all type of hairs :wink:

Bigboar likes this.
  6. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Active Member

Designer stubble:sick::banghead:

chris.hale likes this.
  7. Len

Len Senior Member

I think the whole look is kind of silly, and associate this trend with skinny jean wearing, man-purse donning hipsters...

Clint Eastwood managed to pull it off successfully in the 60's and 70's, when men were men, but today's millennial feminine man is a sad, funny perversion of gelded masculinity.

All the depressing social commentary aside, something like the Stubl may have its place for some folks. For example, men with beards do need to trim. For someone who doesn't want a full grown beard, but regular shaving leaves them bloody or irritated, the Stubl could be the one product that saves their face from daily torture...

Rufusdog likes this.
  8. barberbob

barberbob Regular

How the f**k is it not ripping the hair off the face.

Waste of time this. If you want stubbly use a good set of clippers

9. Bigboar

Bigboar Well-Known Member

I'm, well that's.. No. Speechless.

My grandad is now turning in his grave.

Rufusdog likes this.
  10. Lord Fatboy

I saw one in Morrissons yesterday - 25 quid !

11. ben139

ben139 Active Member

Fairly sure the same result could be achieved far less painfully with a cheap electric beard trimmer... I don't get the hype on this one