Review Stirling margaritas in the arctic soap

Wayne

Forum Sod
I got my second soap from Stirling yesterday via The shaving time Co. Great service once again from them. I opened it and sniffed deeply. To my nose it smells very much of Sherbet Lemon sweets that sickly Lemon scent from playgrounds back in time. I didn't detect menthol so much but I could detect a coldness in the background.
I have shaved with it today and it's a good soap, no doubt there. I soaked the brush and then loaded it for a full minute. I left a tablespoon of water in my lather bowl and set to with the Shavemac. It took around a minute to produce a voluminous shiny thick lather. I pasted it on and for me the test of a good lather is whether or not it can cover my Punch like chin without skin showing through and it did this with ease. a really nice lather, one of the best I've had for quite some time. It wasn't cold on my face it was slick though.
3 passes and 3 lathers later with my ATT S1/Nacet combo I was smooth. Still no cold face feel, this came to the fore on the cold water rinse. I could feel the menthol then, not too icy but it was there and good to be honest, refreshing. A few hours down the line I can still smell the faint whiff of Sherbet Lemons whisking me back to the days of Kiss catch. I hated that all boys school. :p: If you don't have this in your current rotation then it will make a nice addition.

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nice review :) I get a gorgeous margarita mix with bitter lime when I have a sniff. Try a cold water shave with this soap as well, pumps up the chill factor.

Good review,I thought by the name and label it would be really mentholated,sounds a nice soap,any other good Stirling soap recommendations,a soapmaker i must try.

I was going to buy a Stirling or a WSP from shaving time co but can't seem to make up my mind:scratchhead:Barbershop is a scent that intrigues me,but seems that there's so many interpretations of it,a bit like sandalwood.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I was going to buy a Stirling or a WSP from shaving time co but can't seem to make up my mind:scratchhead:Barbershop is a scent that intrigues me,but seems that there's so many interpretations of it,a bit like sandalwood.
Their Barbershop is a sweet kinda vanilla toffee scent. I love it.

Last edited: