Stirling barbershop

Wayne

Forum Sod
I was really excited when I found i could at last purchase Stirling soaps in the U.K. It is just so much easier than having to buy 4 times more than I want just to make shipping from the U.S and all the cons that go with it in the form of duties worthwhile.
I ordered some Barbershop scent and it promptly arrived. I unpacked it and first impressions were good. Solid container, great graphics on the label too and the nice green colour was something different. Now when I took off the lid I was amazed at how much more soap you get when compered to the U.K artisans that sell here. It is the same size container but instead of being half full it was full to the brim. Now I know people say 'Ah but you need room to properly load a brush'. I say 'nonsense, if I'm that desperate to load a brush I'll decant some into another container and still have it to use when the level drops in the tub with use.
The scent wasn't as strong as I expected. I'd heard good things about Yankie soap, it is supposed to blow your nostrills off with it's scent, this one doesn't. It's pleasent enough but out of 10 the scent for me is around a 4. Certainly not as well scented as say an OSP.
Once I got it on the brush it lathered well, slightly less dense than I'm used to but that may have been me not loading suffecient, don't get me wrong, it was OK, great slickness and glide. It gave me a really good shave and due to the physical amount of soap in the tub it is very good value for money too.

Gordy

Legendary Member
Good to know Wayne. I'm hoping to get MITA when it's restocked. I do wish more of the US soaps were available here, as all the ones I've tried have been remarkable. I know they're not all like that but the most of the main players seem to be.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Stirling usually has stronger scented soaps from my experience. However the scents apart from a few (MITA included) are quite linear. It's main advantage over other artisans IMO is the slickness. But this is something that suffers with the higher mentholated versions. For the really gorgeous complex scents and good scent strength, B&M is my favourite amongst the US artisans. Mystic Waters is another.

Acer89

James
Stirling usually has stronger scented soaps from my experience. However the scents apart from a few (MITA included) are quite linear. It's main advantage over other artisans IMO is the slickness. But this is something that suffers with the higher mentholated versions. For the really gorgeous complex scents and good scent strength, B&M is my favourite amongst the US artisans. Mystic Waters is another.
Would love to get my hands on some Mystic Waters. Pity US postage is so expensive and then lumbered with taxes etc. Makes buying from the US unviable.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Good to know Wayne. I'm hoping to get MITA when it's restocked. I do wish more of the US soaps were available here, as all the ones I've tried have been remarkable. I know they're not all like that but the most of the main players seem to be.
MITA is on my radar too Gordy. I'm up for some shaven haven (I think :wink:) it's called as well.

Gordy

Legendary Member
MITA is on my radar too Gordy. I'm up for some shaven haven (I think :wink:) it's called as well.
Haha! I'm going to order some B&M Arctique in the meantime and some Fine Snakebite for afterwards. I'm hoping its Antarctic Winter cold!

Wayne

Forum Sod
Haha! I'm going to order some B&M Arctique in the meantime and some Fine Snakebite for afterwards. I'm hoping its Antarctic Winter cold!
If you haven't got it yet OSP Menthol is the bomb. Really freezing.

Gordy

Legendary Member
If you haven't got it yet OSP Menthol is the bomb. Really freezing.
I have a few OSP soaps, would rather try Stirling because I haven't used any of theirs yet. I ultimately want to try as many soaps as I can.