SOTD Saturday 8th April 2017 - Friday 14th April 2017

halvor

a most elusive fish
IMG_4232.JPG

Superb soap from Desmond's Barrow. Quite pungent and earthy lavender which curiously dissipated completely post-shave. Lucido aftershave equally good, very pleasant on the skin and the lack of scent paves the way for the Histoire de Parfums 1725 (Casanova) sample. Not so sure, drydown gives me old lady associations more than womaniser. But what do I know, maybe that explains why I have never been the serial one-nighter a la the aforementioned... It also had a certain sweaty note to it for the first half hour, befitting of the name 1725: this must be how the wigs of that era smelled.

Finally @p.b I did give the pink Feather Soft Guards another go, took a second blade from the mag to control for a potential first dud. No thanks again for me, it's tugging and not smooth in the least. Plus, not efficient. I tried it in the Cobra and in the Artist Club.

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
08 April 2017

Preshave: Hot water + bloom water
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Razor: Gillette Slim (9)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Shave Soap: La Toja stick
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive Aftershave Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Whitewater

Fine lather from La Toja and the combo continues to perform well for a BBS finish.

Have a good weekend from warm, sunny Hampshire.

Regards,
Chris

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Otto Busch World Master Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Cracking Shave this Morning with My Otto Busch 6/8th..This One was Honed on Japanese Natural Stone Progression by the Vendor I Got it From..A Smooth Shaver but I Reckon its Gonna Get the Arkie or Escher Treatment Soon..:happy:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:boxing:

Billy