06 May 2017

Preshave: Hot water + bloom water
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor 404 mixed
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Chick (24)
Shave Soap: Tabac
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive Aftershave Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Whitewater

I finally retired the blade as it took a lot more touch up work to achieve a DFS result. It's lasted well but I couldn't quite stretch it to Roby's 28 days, possibly due to my habitual four passes plus touchups. Three just doesn't usually do it for me and besides tomorrow's shave demands a fresh blade.

I'm DFS but overall quite impressed.

Have a good weekend.

Regards,
Chris

Acer89

James
SOTD 6th May
Neutrogena Cleansing Bar
Maggard 22mm 2-band
BBA Shaving Cream
Wilkinson Sword Sticky - Pols Silver SI #1
Cold Water Rinse
DSC_4081.jpg

Lovely shave today using The BBA Shaving Cream and Wilkinson Sword Sticky. Thanks to @Emma.BBA for the samples. The soap is a premium product and the lid also acts as a lather bowl.

The medium aggressive Wilky Sticky is one of my favourite razors. Today's shave was so perfect I had no need for the BAA shave matches. Just a perfect close comfortable shave. :happy:

Last edited:

Emma.BBA

Veteran
Vendor
SOTD 6th May
Neutrogena Cleansing Bar
Maggard 22mm 2-band
BBA Shaving Cream
Wilkinson Sword Sticky - Pols Silver SI #1
Cold Water Rinse
View attachment 11624

Lovely shave today using The BBA Shaving Cream and Wilkinson Sword Sticky. Thanks to @Emma.BBA for the samples. The soap is a premium product and the lid also acts as a lather bowl.

The Wilky Sticky is medium aggressive and one of my favourite razors. Today's shave was so perfect I had no need for the BAA shave matches. :happy:
Glad to hear you had no use for the matches. I'm not sure if you have any samples left, but if you do try using the shave oil while you lather up the cream (for extra glide) and finish off with the post shave balm (to instantly protect the skin from the elements) . Don't be scared of the colour. It absorbs straight into the skin.
Happy Shaving - Emma

wimmie

Wim
Merkur Progress
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2*)
Wimmie Bowl
Stirling Sandalwood
Omega Boar brush
Nivea Balm
Von Schmiere 1959

Lou Bega ‎– Lounatic

Three passes, no nic’s or cuts just a nice shave.

Ready for a cappuccino with …

Have a nice day everyone.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: King of shaves pre shave oil
Razor: Supply SE (Plate 3)
Razor blade: Personna (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: PAA CaD

Second shave with the pass around Supply. Moved up to plate 3 but stuck with the personna blade to cut down on the variables.

The shave was OK but had a some irritation on the top lip as I over shave a little.

I didn't find much difference between plate 2 and 3. Slightly more efficient going ATG but not by much.
I don't find the handle comfortable to hold and the cutting angle is not very intuitive. You are constantly searching for the right angle.

Finished off with the Fine A/S. Quite a bit of sting which thankfully faded quickly. Lovely scent, like freshly washed bed linen is the closest I can describe and matches the soap exactly.
The face feel is excellent too.

One question. Can you use AC type blades in the Supply? If so I will try one in my next (and last) shave.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers
Rob

halvor

a most elusive fish
Photo @alfredus style today :wink:
IMG_4513.JPG

Once again, Manuel's tallow soap excels. As does the brush. And the scent of Dama de Noche is just lovely!

For some reason I have been getting better shaves with the OC.95 plate than .68 in the Timeless lately. Superb shave!

Nice and warm weather today (22C), but after yesterday's vernissage and party, that's kind of lost on me sadly. If I hadn't been down with a cold too, a dip in the sea would have been the best cure.

semperfi45

Forum GOD!

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 2 on loan from @nsavage
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​
Excellent photo. :thumbsup::thumbsup: