SOTD: 05/08/17
SOTD 060817 (2).jpg

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (On Loan)
Blade: Astra SP #2
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip 20mm
Soap: NSS, Moroccan Sands
Splash: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington

A late night ( Early morning shave before bed this evening but I want to feel fresh.)
The on loan Gillette is proving to be a favourite of mine. Tonight I dialled the razor to #5 for a 2 pass shave.
Having used this razor yesterday and in all honesty I did not have much to contend with but we all know if we can get a shave in we will. :) I only needed a 2 pass to bring me back to at least DBS.

I am a big fan of the Nannies Silly Soap and my first time using the "Moroccan Sands" was a pleasure. Thank you @Rowlers . As always a lovely slick, creamy lather with superb post shave qualities. I may even suggest the scent is better than the Lemon, Basil & Mandarin. :rolleyes:

Another first with Hans Baier Silvertip. A brush with a little scritch but a lovely back bone. Worked perfectly for face lathering with the rather small tin of the NSS. Thank you @AaronW1983

Finishing with a gorgeous, fresh lemon filled scent I am ready for bed and the morning.

Good night everyone and have a lovely weekend.
Wayne.

Last edited:

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Saturday SOTD

Razor: 1934 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: PoliSilver (D14)
Brush: Shavemac 277 3-band 32mm Silvertip
Bowl: TDG Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave scrub: Lisa's Invigorating Eucalyptus
Pre-Shave Oil: Pacific Shaving Iced
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Bonum Mane
Aftershave: Muelhens 4711
Cologne: Muelhens 4711

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: RazoRock - Big Bruce Plissoft (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Meißner Tremonia - Lavendel Deluxe
  • Fragrance: Murray & Lanman - Florida Water

halvor

a most elusive fish
SOTD: 06/08/17
View attachment 15865
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (On Loan)
Blade: Astra SP #2
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip 20mm
Soap: NSS, Moroccan Sands
Splash: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington

A late night ( Early morning shave before bed this evening but I want to feel fresh.)
The on loan Gillette is proving to be a favourite of mine. Tonight I dialled the razor to #5 for a 2 pass shave.
Having used this razor yesterday and in all honesty I did not have much to contend with but we all know if we can get a shave in we will. :) I only needed a 2 pass to bring me back to at least DBS.

I am a big fan of the Nannies Silly Soap and my first time using the "Moroccan Sands" was a pleasure. Thank you @Rowlers . As always a lovely slick, creamy lather with superb post shave qualities. I may even suggest the scent is better than the Lemon, Basil & Mandarin. :rolleyes:

Another first with Hans Baier Silvertip. A brush with a little scritch but a lovely back bone. Worked perfectly for face lathering with the rather small tin of the NSS. Thank you @AaronW1983

Finishing with a gorgeous, fresh lemon filled scent I am ready for bed and the morning.

Good night everyone and have a lovely weekend.
Wayne.
Very nice handset, there, Wayne! Still in use?

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
05 August 2017

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Souplex OC Travel Razor
Blade: Perma-sharp Super (1)
Brush: Body Shop synthetic
Shave Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave Lotion: M&S Harvard

Typical Wickham soap lather, what more can I say? The best shave yet with this razor. Either I've got the hang of it or the Perma-sharp blades suit it better. One small nick under the chin from a careless stroke, always a tricky area. I rate the result BBS, my wife marked it 8.5-9 out of 10.

Enjoy the weekend, gents.

Regards,
Chris

RedSteve

Forum GOD!

I had an absolutely lovely shave today with Star Noir. It is such a great soap and the scent is really something else.
I messed up at the end going against the grain with the Tech, it just never works out for me, but its a testament to the soap that I at least tried it again :facepalm: