SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
I had a Brut shower gel when I was a kid, gift from my father, and probably snuck into the bathroom and put on a drop or two of his Brut aftershave, but have never used any since. I must be one of very few who have no clue what Brut (the original) smells like, though I am sure sniffing it now would bring back childhood memories. Guess I should start there before going for flankers.
@halvor,
In my youth (it doesn't seem that long ago) I had the original Faberge Brut Splash-on Lotion, soap (on a rope) and talc, beloved of my girlfriend of the time. The later Unilever AS recreations apparently aren't permitted to use some of the original constituents in the vintage recipe (same for the Proctor & Gamble Old Spice) and while I find the scent of the current "Original" aftershave strongly evocative of the vintage lotion, to me it's a bit tame compared to the Faberge and lacks an intangible element. I also find the current scent short lived, or perhaps my olfactory senses have dulled over time, but you'll recognise it as soon as you smell it.

Perhaps I'll try the Splash-on Lotion next time but the new Brut Original AS is a good starting point.

Regards,
Chris

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
11-11;

6C (#5) :: King of Oud :: BC Synth

A better shave than last time with a Voskhod on its 2nd use. Had a couple of weepers as I just got too far into it but some Floïd “M-Bomb” (Suave + 7 menthol crystals) settled everything down again. Great scent with this which is certainly growing on me!

Lest we forget. Take it easy, chaps.
@Benz3ne You're posted in the wrong week.