SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th September 2016

UKRob

Forum GOD!
This side of the water it's probably the worst time to post SOTD - but here's tonight's that was intended to be added before I went out on what I call my cheapskate night. Few beers in a Wetherspoons pub followed by curry in an establishment where you provide your own refreshments.

The shave was a combination of:

• Japanese blade in custom black/white scales that always remind me of 'black tie'.
  • Acqua Di Parma soap - this was my first premium soap about 15 years ago - long before I found shaving forums - and the whole Colonia range is just superb.
  • Thater brush - nothing to say about this that I haven't praised already.
  • Floid Blue and Myresol to finish.
IMG_0287.JPG

pjgh

Forum GOD!
30th September 2016

Cold Water Shave

Bulldog Face Wash
Le Père Lucien Apricot
Gan Village Green Boar
Schick G4 '66' & Schick (Chinese) (5)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Jade East Aftershave
Pinaud Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic

Ted Lapidus Pour Homme EDT​

Godfather

Forum GOD!
This side of the water it's probably the worst time to post SOTD - but here's tonight's that was intended to be added before I went out on what I call my cheapskate night. Few beers in a Wetherspoons pub followed by curry in an establishment where you provide your own refreshments.

• Japanese blade in custom black/white scales that always remind me of 'black tie'.
  • Acqua Di Parma soap - this was my first premium soap about 15 years ago - long before I found shaving forums - and the whole Colonia range is just superb.
View attachment 2429
Lovely razor Rob!

Blackmass

Forum GOD!

View attachment 2429
Stunning set up. Can I ask a couple of questions?
What model, knot etc is the Thater and which Myresol did you use? Oh one last thing. Can you describe or compare the smell of the Flood Blue?

Cheers for one UK Rob to another.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Stunning set up. Can I ask a couple of questions?
What model, knot etc is the Thater and which Myresol did you use? Oh one last thing. Can you describe or compare the smell of the Flood Blue?

Cheers for one UK Rob to another.
The knot is a 26mm fan in 2 band - a superb knot. I Find I prefer a fan shape to the traditional bulb as I prefer lots of lather. After shaving I use the Floid first and then Myresol Emulsion as a balm - not that I generally need the calming effect, it's just nice to feel. As to how the Floid smells, I'm just no good at that other than some say it's a traditional barbershop smell.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
The knot is a 26mm fan in 2 band - a superb knot. I Find I prefer a fan shape to the traditional bulb as I prefer lots of lather. After shaving I use the Floid first and then Myresol Emulsion as a balm - not that I generally need the calming effect, it's just nice to feel. As to how the Floid smells, I'm just no good at that other than some say it's a traditional barbershop smell.
Thanks for getting back to me, really appreciate it.