SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th September 2016

Redd

A Right Member
I have been trying really hard all week to hate this MdC and just can't, sort of.
If it was £15 a shot I would buy right now.
If it was £20 I would pay after a little thought.
At £25 I would be starting to feel sick and light headed at my self-imposed limit being reached.
But north of £30 plus postage on top? Hmmm............ I really do want - but really don't want to pay that premium (for that price you could buy a puck of Tabac, puck of Institut Karite, a couple of sticks of Speick and a bottle of Brut, pay postage and still have change). Might have to buy some on HP - couple of samples a month:confused:
Last week for Duke and #66 too. Solid performers:okay:

Institut Karite Liquid Soap
Aristo #66
Astra SP (5)
MdC Original Scented
Duke 3
Pinaud Bay Rum AS

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
Friday 30th September 2016

The one that could have been better

Hot shower
Vintage Erasmosp soap
Switchback 400 Duro brush
Ikon 102 slant
Sputnik blade (1)
Boobs aftershave
The Man Cobalt EdT

I'm struggling to find the right angle with the Ikon, I also put it on a lighter handle to try and make it easier to use. But practice makes etc.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Pre weekend SOTD
Warm face wash
Proraso white pre shave cream
TOOBS Sandalwood cream
Simpsons Chubby 2 synthetic
Thiers Issard 6/8 razor
Thayers Rose Scent
SV 70th ASB

A wonderful shave this morning, peace and quite.... The TI razor is just a great smooth razor and very forgiving (not a cut or nick in sight). 3 passes and a hybrid of ATG and XTG under my nose and hey presto first time I did not feel a whisker!

View attachment 2406

Happy pre weekend to you all
There she is!! Lovely pic, great result

Acer89

James
Pre weekend SOTD
Warm face wash
Proraso white pre shave cream
TOOBS Sandalwood cream
Simpsons Chubby 2 synthetic
Thiers Issard 6/8 razor
Thayers Rose Scent
SV 70th ASB

A wonderful shave this morning, peace and quite.... The TI razor is just a great smooth razor and very forgiving (not a cut or nick in sight). 3 passes and a hybrid of ATG and XTG under my nose and hey presto first time I did not feel a whisker!

View attachment 2406

Happy pre weekend to you all
That a great pic kit Godfather.. @Looney12345 ...you seeing this? Eat your words mate:eek::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Forum GOD!
Razor: AlumiGoose (Silver) w/Timeless TRH4: 14mm x 100mm Razor Handle With Barber Pole Design
Blade: Feather Professional (9)
Brush: Oscar 11, w/Omega 10049 Boar
Soap: Jeeves Soaps Private Study
Aftershave: Floid Vigoroso
Very close comfortable 3 pass shave tonight. The AlumiGoose with the Feather Profession and Timeless handle is a winning combination. Jeeves Soap Private Study Tallow Soap is a classic bay rum scent made with West Indie bay, sweet orange, rum, spices and just a touch of patchouli and vanilla. Great Stuff!!! http://www.jeevessoaps.com
View attachment 2405
Nice photo Doug, Love the look of that handle in the Goose:highfive:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
30 September 2016

Preshave: Hot water + bloom water
Brush: Vintage Plisson pure badger
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (thin handle)
Blade: Diamonds Pro Excel (4)
Shaving Soap: 1912 Russian Leather
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive Aftershave Balm
Aftershave Lotion: Old Spice Original

Superb 1912 lather, never disappoints. Most blades don't last more than two days for me, so this is a rare experience. While not mowing as new, this setup produced DFS/near BBS, although not risking ATG on the neck this time. I think I may have found the limit of comfort though

Good day, all.

Regards,
Chris