24 March 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: MIL SS OC
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Shave Soap: MWF
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shave Butter
Aftershave: Brut Original

Better results today with the MIL SS OC razor, with the aid of MWF, but I find it demands careful handling to maintain a zero pressure touch, almost trying to prevent it from shaving. BBS in four passes with no touch-ups. I'll keep trying to improve my technique but I can't see this razor becoming a favourite. Maybe the closed comb jobbie would suit me better but there's other shaving gear I could put the money towards.

Wishing you a good weekend.

Regards,
Chris

Boru62

Shaving Boar
24 March 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: MIL SS OC
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Shave Soap: MWF
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shave Butter
Aftershave: Brut Original

Better results today with the MIL SS OC razor, with the aid of MWF, but I find it demands careful handling to maintain a zero pressure touch, almost trying to prevent it from shaving. BBS in four passes with no touch-ups. I'll keep trying to improve my technique but I can't see this razor becoming a favourite. Maybe the closed comb jobbie would suit me better but there's other shaving gear I could put the money towards.

Wishing you a good weekend.

Regards,
Chris
I got much better results when I ditched the humongous handle for a lighter one.

bikerjohn666

Über Member
upload_2018-3-24_13-32-37.jpeg

Squadron Red Lead
Gentleman's Tonic Super Badger
Shaving Shack Journeyman
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart's Rosemary & Sandalwood Aftershave lotion.

All these just provided me with a nigh on perfect shave. The razor is The Shaving Shack own make (not sure who makes it for them) but this is a 'factory second' which costs £9.99. Bargain. Its slightly more aggressive than an EJ DE89 but loaded with a decent blade it gives an excellent shave. The soap is superb (cheers Sid!) and I can't praise Bart's Balm product enough. What a great start to a day off!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
BadAss Eufros
KRs Lather Worx Ivory Beehole
Gillette Tech On Stainless General Handle
NOS Gillette Spoiler [2]
C&E West Indian Limes Balm
Tom Ford For Men EdT

Cracking shave. Maggards have aniled it again with the "Beige" Synthetic knot. Plenty enough backbone, beautiful soft tips. Splays nicely. Recommended.

Maggard Beige knot available: Here

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
Saturday 24th March 2018
SOTD 24th Mar.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and Noxzema Shave Cream
Razor: Schick E
Blade: Schick China (#3)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: D.R. Harris Windsor soap
Bowl: Korium
AS: Terre d'Hermes lotion
EDT: Terre d'Hermes

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Saturday 24th March

RSC Facial Scrub
Olive Oil Soap
Culmak Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Ming Shi 2000S with a Dorco Titan Blade (3 and 5)
Alum Block and Rinse
Floid (The Genuine) AS

After yesterday's bloodbath I delayed my shave until this afternoon. The facial scrub 'sandpapered' my face and I used an adjustable so as not to reopen old wounds! My nearest and dearest is away overnight on a girly reunion ....so its a beer and burger night for me:)

Three passes for a BBS and bloodless shave!