SOTD Saturday 23rd September 2017 - Friday 29th September 2017

semperfi45

Forum GOD!
Shave of the Day for 09/29/2017
Razor: Razorock Black Hawk w/Maggard MR18 Black Handle (for added weight)
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard (9)
Brush: REX B 75 w/Synthetic Knot
Soap: Vintage Old Spice Soap in OS Mug
After Shave Balm: Soap Commander Endurance “Classic Spice”
Cologne/After Shave: Vintage Old Spice After Shave and Cologne
View attachment 18244
Great picture and lineup of Old Spice products.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 29th Sept
Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade cream
Mongoose B3 satin
Feather Pro [ 8 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

I wonder what would have happened if I had discovered the Mongoose in my early days of SE Shaving, would I have been tempted to buy so many Vintage SE/Injectors. Rather pleased that I did , as I had great fun trying
out the "Oldies", some I am keeping others are being pensioned off [ sold on ].

When I selected the Mongoose for today, I thought that I might be pushing it a bit, as the blade would be on its 8th outing . Being mindful of this,. I chose the L`Occitaine which is both slick and cushioning. The Shave was smooth and comfortable, but it was obvious from finished Shave that that performance of the blade had tailed off , though
it did not drag or cause any discomfort.

IMG_1516.jpg

semperfi45

Forum GOD!
Fri 29th Sept
Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade cream
Mongoose B3 satin
Feather Pro [ 8 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

I wonder what would have happened if I had discovered the Mongoose in my early days of SE Shaving, would I have been tempted to buy so many Vintage SE/Injectors. Rather pleased that I did , as I had great fun trying
out the "Oldies", some I am keeping others are being pensioned off [ sold on ].

When I selected the Mongoose for today, I thought that I might be pushing it a bit, as the blade would be on its 8th outing . Being mindful of this,. I chose the L`Occitaine which is both slick and cushioning. The Shave was smooth and comfortable, but it was obvious from finished Shave that that performance of the blade had tailed off , though
it did not drag or cause any discomfort.

View attachment 18257
Good looking razor. My B2 provides a great shave.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
29 September 2017

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: New Forest Badger
Shave Soap: Wickham 1912 LE Bleu
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave: M&S Harvard

After several weeks' boar brush use it was good to renew the acquaintance with the New Forest badger brush. I was reminded why they're so sought after, this is the one I'd rescue from a fire.

I don't know whether it's down to this razor's blade exposure, blade angle or whatever - someone will no doubt be able to advise - but there was a definite sense of the blade losing its edge this morning, with palpable tugging from the combo. Nevertheless it delivered a near BBS finish, so happy with that.

Regards,
Chris

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Friday 29th September

Birch Tar Soap
3P preshave cream
RazoRock Irish Countryside Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
New Forest Tubby 1 Silvertip Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
RazoRock Irish Countryside AS

A wonderful shave this morning which will carry me through tonight's shift. I took 3 passes....although to be honest......there was nothing left to shave on the third pass! A super smooth BBS with no issues.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Mine will start when I get up tomorrow afternoon :)