SOTD Saturday 23rd September 2017 - Friday 29th September 2017

ajc347

Forum GOD!

Catie's Bubbles Glacé Herbe
Bulldog AS Balm and Pre-Shave Oil
Vie Long Butterscotch Amphora Horse Hair Brush
Supply Provision Razor

Today's SOTD gave me the chance to try out some new products, namely Catie's Bubbles Glacé Herbe and Bulldog AS Balm and Pre-Shave oil.

The Glacé Herbe is a really interesting soap. It starts off with a Vetiver scent (which is not my favourite scent - thankfully there's no earthy undertones present in this soap). The soap transforms when lathered as the menthol really comes through and thoroughly changes the scent profile. It turns it from an average soap into a great one. It's definitely a keeper for sure. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Unscented
Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC1
Blade: De-spined Gem PTFE SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, TSR Member's Lavender PSB

Waited for the Postie before having a shave. It was well worth the wait, best shave yet with a Valet. Very smooth, very efficient, smiles all round :D:D:D
Have a great weekend.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Last chance for Mystic Waters soap...
IMG_20170923_1224445.jpg

The smell of the soap reminded me of Playdoh, which was not a great start. However, this reduces during lathering and I had a very good shave with the usual MW slickness and after-shave feel with no irritation so far. As I can get a similar shave in a scent I enjoy from other soap makers I suspect this'll be my last MW.

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
23 September 2017

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Chick SE (29)
Brush: Proraso
Shave Soap: Cella
Aftershave Balm: Baylis & Harding Black Pepper & Ginseng
Aftershave: Avon Rugger (vintage)

I upset the brush rotation to give the Proraso monster brush another outing with an Italian soap. The size of the knot makes it a little awkward to load from small pots like those of Cella but it has the backbone and sheer volume of bristles to bully soap into a lather in short order. I bowl lather (apart from when on holiday) so this is very satisfying. The blade continues to wipe off whiskers but I let it drag in one spot on my cheek, rewarded with a minor nick, which closed with the cold water rinse. I'm left near BBS and bemused. The brush still pongs though.

Have a good weekend.

Regards,
Chris

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Saturday SOTD

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Schick Proline (D17)
Brush: VP Leonhardy 700040 25mm White
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave scrub: Ginger Garden Aventus
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Jasmine Creamsicle
Shave Soap: Chiseled Face/Zoologist – Panda
Aftershave: Extro Rasoio E Pennello Summer 2015
A Lovely photo and setup :)

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Wilkinson Pall Mall with GEM SS ptfe #5
Maggard 30mm B&W
Stone Cottage Leather & Smoke
DG Astringent
Nivea 2in1 A/S lotion/balm
CH Man Prive by Carolina Herrera

Early morning 3 pass shave with a BBS result. The Pall Mall with the GEM is just down right killer. Breakfast with my 2 favorite ladies on this Earth.....:love:

Last edited: