SOTD Saturday 18th November 2017 - Friday 24th November 2017

Australian Private Reserve Santal Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Australian Private Reserve Santal Splash
Australian Private Reserve Santal EdP

I’ve torn one of my calf muscles and I’m on crutches. Feeling sorry for myself I needed a big hug and some comfort food and nothing does that better than APR Santal. Smooth and smelling good.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
SOTD 241117
SOTD 241117 3.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Fatipe Piccolo
Soap: Natural Ireland soap Co. Seaweed (Passaround @ManicDee )
Brush: Omega pro 49 Boar
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

I have just had a wonderful smooth 3 pass BBS shave with the Fatipe Piiccolo and Astra Combo.

I want to know if this soap received a Bronze Award who won the Gold? This is my second use and it appears to get better and better.
Using the magnificent Omega boar I whipped up an amazing thick creamy and protective face lather with loads of slip and slide and a post shave feel second to none. A truly brilliant soap and one I shall be buying in the near future.
Thank you @ManicDee for the opportunity, I am well & Truly enabled. :)

Finished my Friday afternoon shave with Alum that gave me no feedback and Pheonix & Beau Balm before a generous splash of Cade.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Australian Private Reserve Santal Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Australian Private Reserve Santal Splash
Australian Private Reserve Santal EdP

I’ve torn one of my calf muscles and I’m on crutches. Feeling sorry for myself I needed a big hug and some comfort food and nothing does that better than APR Santal. Smooth and smelling good.

Speedy recovery amigo...... But then again, with that kit, I believe the process has begun already.... :wink:

RetLEO-07

Veteran
IMG_1753.JPG

24 November 2017 R E D Friday shave

Pre: Hot water, soap from the container and a hot towel
Razor: 1952 Gillette Super Speed Black Tip
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated
Brush: Jayaruh Shaving JR#231 synthetic
Soap: Route 66 "Rum Runner"
Post: Hot/Cold water rinse, alum block, cold towelx2, Dominello Vitali Calming Post Shave Moisturizer
After Shave: Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Last shave of the week. 2.5 passes with a near BBS shave.
No shave tomorrow and the new shave week starts Sunday with my 1967 Slim Adjustable. I'm still looking for the blade for it. I have to start auditions over 'cause I lost track of what blades I used.
Have a fantastic weekend.

Dr Watson

James
F44A28C9-986F-4AC7-BD5D-5B2F155FB482.jpeg

Vitos Red “Super Extra Cocco”
Zenith B02
Merkur 34c
Voskhod
4711 Aftershave

A much better shave than yesterday... Using exactly the same gear. I figured out what went wrong... I was storing the Vitos in a dish without a lid, it had completely dried out, I tried rehydrating it overnight but to no avail - Dead as a dodo. So I sliced off a fresh bit for this mornings shave and was greeted with superb lather.

On a real 4711 trip at the moment, will have to be careful I don’t overuse it and put myself off! ...Like that’s ever happened :facepalm:

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
Friday 24th November 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Rockwell 6C - R6
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus - Brazil (#3)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Proraso Red
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Old Spice

Salv

SOTD 24 November 2017
Soap PB Obsidian
Brush Shavemac Two Band Fan Unique Knot 26-54
Razor Yintal
Blade Feather
Stirling Aftershave Balm
Bleu-De-Channel Aftreshave

Used the Brush for the first time it was great to use. Good backbone, just right for me it and worked the soap into a good lather in no time.
The soap to was for used for the first time it has a nice scent a bit woody like, and it gave
A great lather nice and slick.
The new razor what can I for the money it was not bad, with a new Feather blade it gave BBS three pass shave with a few touch ups I will try it again tomorrow with the blade on
It’s second shave, and may get a little adventures with it.

Shaving new Colour_1B.jpg

Acer89

James
SOTD 24 November 2017
Soap PB Obsidian
Brush Shavemac Two Band Fan Unique Knot 26-54
Razor Yintal
Blade Feather
Stirling Aftershave Balm
Bleu-De-Channel Aftreshave

Used the Brush for the first time it was great to use. Good backbone, just right for me it and worked the soap into a good lather in no time.
The soap to was for used for the first time it has a nice scent a bit woody like, and it gave
A great lather nice and slick.
The new razor what can I for the money it was not bad, with a new Feather blade it gave BBS three pass shave with a few touch ups I will try it again tomorrow with the blade on
It’s second shave, and may get a little adventures with it.

View attachment 21038
Gorgeous photo. I have one of those razors on order but I'm sure mine has a bronze finish.