Acer89

James
SOTD 23rd September
TOOBS Jermyn Street Pre-Shave Gel
TOOBS Jermyn Street Cream
The 1992 Schick Tracer w FX Diamond
Cold Water Rinse
DSC_6113a.JPG

It's nice to grab a cartridge and reminisce back to when this was my daily routine, matched with a can of Palmolive foam and a quick splash of Brut or my dads Old Spice.:facepalm:

I remember seeing him with bits of newspaper stuck to his face mopping up those nicks and weepers caused by DE shaving. I distinctly remember him looking disapprovingly at my new cartridge razor and stating firmly "Son, That's not a proper razor." I never imagined I'd become a fan of DE shaving yet here I am. :happy:

Here's my 1992 Schick Tracer w FX Diamond blade. Traditionalists may recoil in horror but the flexible FX Diamond cartridge provided a very comfortable shave. :)

Last edited:

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
SOTD 23rd September
Cold Water Rinse
View attachment 2219

It's nice to grab a cartridge and reminisce back to when this was my daily routine, matched with a can of Palmolive foam and a quick splash of Brut or my dads Old Spice.:facepalm:

I remember seeing him with bits of newspaper stuck to his face mopping up those nicks and weepers caused by DE shaving. I distinctly remember him looking at my new cartridge razor and stating firmly "Son, That's not a proper razor." I would have never imagined I'd become a fan of DE shaving. Yet here I am. :happy:

Here's my 1992 Schick Tracer w FX Diamond blade. Traditionalists may recoil in horror but the flexible FX Diamond cartridge provided a very comfortable shave. :)
Love the story to go with this SOTD...

Ash

Legendary Member
SOTD 23rd September
Cold Water Rinse
View attachment 2219

I remember seeing him with bits of newspaper stuck to his face mopping up those nicks and weepers caused by DE shaving. I distinctly remember him looking disapprovingly at my new cartridge razor and stating firmly "Son, That's not a proper razor." I never imagined I'd become a fan of DE shaving yet here I am. :happy:

I used to do the bits of paper thing but I used fag papers.

Gordy

Legendary Member

Prep - Wickham's 1912 bath soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#4) shimmed
Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
Soap - I Coloniali Mango
After - Old Spice Original A/S
Result - Silky Smooth

Godfather

Forum GOD!

Prep - Wickham's 1912 bath soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#4) shimmed
Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
Soap - I Coloniali Mango
After - Old Spice Original A/S
Result - Silky Smooth
Wonderful view and great photo. You must let me know if you need a personal bag carrier!!

semperfi45

Forum GOD!
Razor: AlumiGoose w/Hempel Ti
Blade: Feather Professional (5)
Brush: Mokume-Gane Carbon and Red Copper 3 Band
Soap: Route 66 High Mountain Mint
Aftershave: Fine Platinum
This is a great razor and the added touch of the Hempel Ti handle just makes it better. An outstanding 3 pass near BBS shave. Fine Platinum is another ne of my favorite aftershaves. Have a great weekend!
IMG_20160923_1416577.jpg

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
23 September 2016

Preshave: Hot water + Bodyshop Maca Root face wash
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD (1956ish)
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Shaving Cream: Bodyshop Maca Root
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shave Butter
Aftershave Lotion: Old Spice Whitewater

I didn't go looking, so the baby came to me again today. Very fond of this setup, BBS and great start to the day.

Enjoy the day.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited: