SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22nd December 2017

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Thomas Tew
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Captain Joe

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Sun 17th December
Omega 11137 boar
Tabac soap
Alu. Hawk & S/S Handle
Feather Pro [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

As with the Alu. General I use a S/S Handle to give the Hawk more Heft. The Hawk is more aggressive than the General, which is very smooth and perhaps that smoothness decieves a Shaver into thinking an area has been cleared. That was the case yesterday as the finish around the neck was poor.

With The Hawk having a good degree of blade feel, I found it much easier to determine how well the Shave was going. I enjoyed the Shave with the Hawk today, and can honestly say the overall finished Shave was better than that achieved with the General.

IMG_0460.jpg

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
16 December 2017

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Chick (5)
Brush: Razorock 400 Aluminium
Shave Soap: Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
Aftershave Balm: Baylis & Harding Black Pepper & Ginseng
Aftershave: Avon Rugger (vintage)

Rough feeling from the blade, which obviously didn't take kindly to being left unused in the razor for five days. Some irritation and soreness, even with the slickness and glide of the Wickham soap. DFS finish and the blade's in the bin.

17 December 2017

Preshave: Hot water rinse + Neutrogena oil free face wash
Razor: Edwin Jagger EJ89
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Shave Soap: Traditional Shaving Co Limes
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shave Butter
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

The EJ89 with Astra SP is a very effective combo for me, a welcome change after yesterday's poor result. I'm BBS and refreshed, ready to meet friends for Christmas lunch.

Regards,
Chris

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
SOTD: 171217
SOTD 171217 3.jpg

Blade: Gem SS#4
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: S.V.2.0 Rosewood
Bowl: S.V. The grail
EDT: Issey Myake L'eau D'Issey

That was a shave well worthy for a lovely relaxing Sunday ahead.

The MMOC is a lovely razor I would say slightly more aggressive than the Clog Pruf and equally as efficient. A smooth BBS 3 pass shave.

The soap has amazing qualities. Super rich lather with loads of cushion and slip n slide. Scent could be a little stronger for me but that is just me being picky.

Bowl lathered using "The Grail" and the superb S.V. Brush. The quality of this brush is unbelievable.
Cloud soft tips with a flow through second to none when compared to the other brushes I have tried.

Finished with alum, balm and a generous splash of Issey Myake.

Enjoy your Sunday and your Shaves. :)

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
View attachment 22151

The MMOC is a lovely razor I would say slightly more aggressive than the Clog Pruf and equally as efficient. A smooth BBS 3 pass shave.

The soap has amazing qualities. Super rich lather with loads of cushion and slip n slide. Scent could be a little stronger for me but that is just me being picky.

Bowl lathered using "The Grail" and the superb S.V. Brush. The quality of this brush is unbelievable.
Cloud soft tips with a flow through second to none when compared to the other brushes I have tried.

Very interesting composition I like.:)

Last edited:

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Razor: WS Sticky
Blade: Astra SS
IMG_20171217_092545.jpg

A couple of firsts this Sunday, both budget buys.
A soap from the world's oldest registered shaving soap manufacturer. And possibly the cheapest metal handled boar brush on the market.
The soap smells mildly citrus and fresh, it lathers nicely and the performance is pretty good. Where it gets let down is the post shave, I think it would be quite drying if used daily.
The brush feels good and solid in the hand and is pretty soft for its first use. Far less scritchy than a Vulfix boar VS/1. It lost a few hairs but hopefully it'll settle down.

Salv

View attachment 22151

Another terrific setup.