SOTD Saturday 14th January - Friday 20th January 2017

razorguy

Veteran
Thursday 19 January 2017

My Very First Mastro Livi

In this cold day I wanted to use my very first Mastro Livi straght razor and brush. It is now almost four years I have this straight razor and I am literally amazed by the performance of its shave. In four years I have never honed or refreshed its edge and it still shaves like the first time. I simply used Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm stropping which are both revealing to be the ultimate "tools" for ordinary maintenance of the edge and forget about hones and stones! Simply amazing! The shave brush is nothing less in terms of quality: a very good handle perfectly fitting my hand and a super silvertip badger with an excellent performance and backbone. As for the rest, my pre-shave oil and shaving soap did the rest to make this shave pleasurable and the touch of Denim White aftershave has been perfect in giving refreshing sensation.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Makassar Ebony Handle, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Blue Tongue Damasteel, 7/8 Full Hollow, Livi Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Denim White

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Thursday Planned SOTD

Razor Gillette Rhodium Fatboy (S5)
Blade: Super Iridium (D11)
Brush: NC Envy White 27mm Anodized Bronze
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: Tiki 1920’s Barber Shoppe
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aftershave Balm: AOS Sandalwood
Guy how do you like the Envy White brush?:scratchhead: It's one of my favorite knots.:okay:

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
Sorry to be so late with Sunday's shave, gents ... it's been a hectic week..

Hot Towel Prep
Castle Forbes Cedarwood & Sandalwood Shave Cream
Morris & Forndran Alibaba Finest Badger
HartSteel 7/8 Polished Square Point
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned Horse .. 30/50
Witch Hazel
Burberry Brit EdT

The Hart is astounding! Simply a remarkable shave...

Ram57

Forum GOD!
Guy how do you like the Envy White brush?:scratchhead: It's one of my favorite knots.:okay:
Like it a lot. I have two of them now and I should have got the 2nd one in a different loft, maybe a tad higher loft to see how the density changed a bit. I did this with my shavemac knots in my Korn XL brushes just for variety more than less density.

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
USSR Broctok - 2 Space Orbit Celebration 1/2 Hollow 5/8th
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Shave this Morning with My Russian 5/8th 1/2 Hollow..A Super Close Shave with this Wee Bit of Commie Cold War
History & Commemoration Souvenir of the Soviet & USA Space Race..:happy:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:wacky:

Billy

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
P&B Spitfire
Olive wood Silvertip (thought it was a finest I bought, but it was not!)
Fatboy [5,5]
Polsilver Stainless [2]
Old Spice AS
Big Boars Bay Rum
Boss Just Different EdT

I'm guessing these blades are no longer made, I've not come across them for sale. This is a shame as they are sharp as fook, but really really smooth... Great 2 pass shave for a presentable fizog for work...
Polsilver Stainless are available at shaving.ie, not cheap mind. I don't get on with Polsilver SI but these stainless ones are fantastic.

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Thursday AM 2017-01-19

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Paladin Sumo
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving soap (vintage) + SAO shaving cream (vintage)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger (1)
RazoRock R160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

Great stuff. The Sumo is a fine brush. After trying five of the Paladins, I can say that they have the best detail and finish of any brush I've ever seen or used. Otherwise their quality is, for me, about equivalent to that of Shavemac 2-Band Silvertips, i.e. excellent.