1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Smart' Shaving Brush

Discussion in 'ATG Cafe' started by Missoni, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Missoni

Missoni Fellow Traveller

This week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas saw the release of a new smart hair brush from Kérastase. It has no flashing lights or a button to turn it on or off. Yet hidden inside are microphones, motion and conductivity sensors and wireless connectors. The data gathered by the brush are sent to an app, where software algorithms produce a score for hair quality and recommend techniques.

Although at heart I am an analogue man (I still prefer vinyl, 8-track, valve amps, FM radio, books and 'dumb' mobiles) I would hazard a guess that there is probably a market for a smart shaving brush and that it will only be a matter of time before an entrepreneurial individual brings one to market - you heard it here first :rolleyes:Would you buy a smart shaving brush? ...

Nishy likes this.
  2. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Interesting concept but it honestly feels like we are reinventing the wheel again. Don't think I have heard of a member who hasn't learnt to lather with a decent brush and soap over a short period of time. In other words we should have a level of intellect beyond what is being invented already. YMMV of course.

3. chris.hale

chris.hale Legendary Member

4. Shavebadger

Shavebadger Well-Known Member

Why does everything need to link to an app theses days lol

5. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

I already own one. One simply attaches it to a human arm who places it on some shaving soap and swirls it around until it forms a lather. The arm then places brush and said lather onto the face and transfers the lather to it. I have an app available as a download for only £29.99 that then tells you when the lather is on your face or for free you can look in the mirror.

Batch300 likes this.
  6. R181

R181 Forum GOD!

The human race seems good at producing solutions to nonexistent problems. We have the technology so why not use on everything whether it makes any sense or not.

Bob

Batch300 and bakerbarber like this.
  7. Missoni

Missoni Fellow Traveller

...whilst I also shook my head at this latest Gadget, some commentators see it as a game changer in that it is one of the first of a new breed of products that will come to dominate the marketplace. Items that we use every day have the potential to capture huge amounts of data...and this captured data, if you believe some is the new oil...

8. chris.hale

chris.hale Legendary Member

Despite being a fan of things technological, I can't see the point in the whole "internet of things" idea. This for example: http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/family-hub-refrigerator/

I don't need my fridge to take photos of its contents and send them to my phone, I open it several times a day - I can see when we're running out of stuff. Plus the only setting up it needed was plugging it in.