Sleep

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
When at work I like to get to bed before 11pm for a 5.30am get up. At the weekend I go to bed a little later, not much, but enjoy a little lie in until 8am. This does for me as any longer in bed feel like I am wasting the day away!
I also like a good power nap during my lunch break; listen to music and read a boot for 30mins, and a good 10-15 min power nap sees me though the rest of the working day.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Speaking of which, I have had some short nights lately. Today's my daughter's birthday, and I'm in a real sour mood from lack of sleep... Guests arriving in ten mins. Man up, cheer up, old boy!

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
My daughter has a cough at the moment, which I can hear through the wall. This wouldn't be too bad, except that as my wife could sleep through an earthquake, she insists on having the baby monitor in the bedroom, which means that I get the cough amplified to a volume that would not shame an AC/DC concert, with a bonus few seconds of white noise before the wretched thing shuts off again. :cursing:

Tonight I'm sleeping in the spare room.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
My sleep pattern is usually asleep by 11pm, awake at 5am, repeat Mon-Fri. Sat-Sun is usually asleep by 11pm, awake at 6am if the wife is at work, or 7am if she's not.

In short, I need more sleep :D

Reevers

Berlin Calling
As a father of a 3 year old and a 7 month old I'm used to plenty of get ups and breaks in my attempt to get my 8 hours. Your body adapts to it and after a few weeks into a batch patch with the kids I don't notice it.

I really feel for people who work constantly rotating shifts. I'd struggle with that!

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I've loved my sleep since I was a child.
I remember when I was young, something perhaps I learned in school, that we sleep away one third of our lives. I had never given the subject any thought before that time, but I remember feeling horrified that I was "wasting" 33% of the time I could have spent enjoying myself! Ahh well, such are the ruminations of a child..
I generally sleep nine hours, although often close to ten. I quite often feel sleepy in the early afternoon, but do not give in to a nap.
My sleep is quite "restorative," welcomed and effective.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
That is interesting. Many articles around suggesting sleep deprivation leading to serious mental conditions.
... also much written about over-sleeping (say, 12 hours a day) leading to conditions like Parkinson's.

Sleep is good. Not too little (too often), not too much (too often). The right sort of sleep, whatever that is ... and done regularly ... but not with precise regularity.

Huh! Replace "sleep" with "butter", "chocolate" or "alcohol" :D
Everything in moderation ... except for plutonium, Tanzanian Hookers, heroin and Morris Dancing.

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
Speaking of which, I have had some short nights lately. Today's my daughter's birthday, and I'm in a real sour mood from lack of sleep... Guests arriving in ten mins. Man up, cheer up, old boy!
Happy belated Birthday to your daughter, my friend.

I hope it was a great day for the entire family!

Go to bed between 12 and 2 and up at 6:30 for me, used to take me hours to get to sleep but after two kids I'm usually out cold in half an hour or so.
Which is nice.

Dule083

Forum GOD!
I have 3 year daughter. Work and everything I sleep 5-6 hours except Saturday. If everything is ok that is sleeping day

Wayne

Forum Sod
Early to bed, early to rise is my mantra. I rarely stay up past 10.00pm when at home. mainly due to the dross served up on UK television. More often than not it will be around 9.00pm. I rise around 5.30-6.00 am. I am currently in ketosis due to a very low calorie diet and am out like a light when my head hits the pillow and I never rise nor toss and turn in bed until I wake. I have never used or owned an alarm clock.