Simpson Brushes Appreciation Thread

MPH

Forum GOD!
Anyone know what "Simfix" stands for and why they make them???
I.e. Are they price between Simpsons and Vulfix, hence the name??? Maybe it's Simpsons hair in a cheaper handle, or visa versa?????

Slant_Fan

Über Member
My Simpson's shaving brush 'appreciation' could be simply limited to the wonderful experience I've had with some of their brushes from the days of Somerset, and the current Isle of Man production, but beyond that, I have to give high praise to their customer service. I had ordered a couple of brushes from Simpson's Isle of Man in the past couple of years, and they got to my USA address within a couple of weeks.

So I saw that they had a Tulip 3 Manchurian on the site and couldn't resist. Paid with paypal and got a confirmation from them, but none from Simpson. A couple of weeks went by and no brush or word from Simpson. Emails brought no response. Finally I went on facebook and messaged them. Turns out that for whatever reason my email provider will not process communications from Simpson, so I used an alternate G-mail account and then began receiving timely replies.

Unfortunately my Tulip 3, though it had been sent to my USA address, was apparently showing as being in Australia on the Royal mail tracking, and Mark Watterson, the CEO apologized profusely, and offered a refund or an exchange. I said can we give it another week or two, I wanted the brush.

Another week or two went by and Mark sent a Tulip 3 replacement free of charge, expedited shipping, and told me to keep the wayward brush should it ever show up at my door.
I received the replacement, a beautiful faux ivory Manchurian within a week or so, and a week later the original order, a faux marble showed up as well. Needless to say, my appreciation for Simpson's is great.
2_Simpson_Manch_Tulip3.JPG

halvor

a most elusive fish
An NOS Simpson 72 Made for Mc Gregor's of Wigan

I am pretty sure that this brush was made in 1972 and I
am guessing it has been stored in somebody's draw ever since then. The condition is
immaculate, even the outer box is still in fantastic nick.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The colour! Fantastic!

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!

am guessing it has been stored in somebody's draw ever since then. The condition is

Amazing:eek:
Congratulations!!!

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy

Simply gorgeous! :notworthy: Congratulations! :bravo:

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!

That is very impressive!!

Chili

Probably the best brush I've ever used was a simpsons classic 2. Unfortunately I sold it...I may get another simpsons brushave I think:p: